Wednesday, January 2, 2008

To: Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Joel and Puppy Juan From: Elijah

Dear Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Joel and Juan,

After a very long day in airports and on airplanes yesterday, WE MADE IT HOME! Not to brag or anything, but I was a very good boy despite the off-the-charts level of tiredness I had reached. I hardly cried at all. The First Officer didn't show up for our first flight (too much New Years partying, I guess) and our second flight was delayed due to bad weather. We were all zombies by the time we got home last night.

Now to the important stuff.

Grandpa: I enjoyed making funny faces and smiling at you and having you read books and watch Baby Signing Times with me. Thank you for carrying my chunky body around the house when I was fussy. Sorry if I hurt your back. I'm very lucky to have you as a grandpa and I can't wait to get hugs, kisses and snuggles from you again.

Grandma: Thank you for washing my clothes and blankets when I pooped and peed through them multiple times and for the many yummy meals that made Mommy gain seven pounds. I didn't necessarily enjoy the tummy time you helped me with, but Mommy says she is thankful for that. I loved it when you blew air into my chubby neck and made me giggle. That tickles!

Grandma AND Grandpa: Thank you for enduring the sofa bed so that we could take over your dark, quiet, comfy bedroom and thanks for the wonderful Christmas gifts.

Juan: I know you were a little jealous of the attention everyone was giving me, so thank you for allowing me to be the focus of the house for a few days and for tolerating my crying and constant babbling and grunting. I understand that you went on fewer walks and didn't get pet as much because of me, so that is why I didn't get upset when you decided that my squeaky ducky toy was indeed yours. I hope you enjoyed all the Cheerios I threw onto the floor just for you.

Joel: Thank you for reading to me and giving me hugs and for keeping my daddy entertained with your Xbox 360. Thanks for giving up precious football-watching time so I could watch my beloved Veggie Tales. Mommy says she is so happy to have you as a brother and I think you're a great uncle.

Next time we come visit, Mommy wants to see the Biltmore Mansion and maybe even get up into the mountains to ski. Next time we'll stay longer because the four days we just spent with you wasn't nearly long enough. Now we're back into the routine of work, daycare and co-o-o-old weather. We miss and love you all very much!

I'm tired, I better go take a nap.

Love,
Elijah

p.s. Mom will post pictures later. She took a lot.

p.p.s. On New Years Eve, I heard you guys laughing all night long while I was in bed. It sounded like you were having a good time. What were you doing? I think I heard something about Sasquatch, baby seals and a train pipe?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your trip went well!! I can't wait to get my hands on that juicy little muffin. What a niblet!!