Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jackpot

Elijah hit the toy jackpot this week! Dan's mom gave him a wooden train set and some new books (one of which is being held by The Lounger in the previous post), and then our friend Cara gave him her daughter's old toy barn and animals, which are just awesome. He adores every bit of it. He has been in a toy daze all week. That is, in between being in a Thomas the Train daze and an I-need-to-be-outside-RIGHT-NOW-or-else-I'll-start-flopping-like-a-fish daze.



We have had a quiet week, which has been really nice in comparison to the past few. Elijah re-entered the world of daycare, and he didn't necessarily love that. It had been three weeks since he was there, so he cried giant, dramatic tears of sadness when Dan dropped him off each morning. We feel it is really important for Elijah to be around other children on a regular basis. He naturally stays close to whatever and whoever is safe (us), so it is good for him to regularly interact with other people without us around. Hopefully we are done with surgeries and the hospital for a while so we can get him back into a steady, tear-free daycare routine.

We are hoping Dan can get some work this weekend (why can't money start falling from the sky?), and we have a few fun things planned, too. I don't have to work tomorrow, so I have an extra bounce in my step tonight.

Elijah's incision still looks great and his rash hasn't come back. He has continued to recover amazingly well after his recent surgery. We are anxious to see what the future holds for his gross motor development now that his spinal cord has been set free!

Have a fun, safe weekend, everyone! Thanks for checking in.


p.s. For those of you who have read the Harry Potter books.. I just finished Book 6 and I was devastated about what happened at the end! (Don't say anything about specifics because Dan doesn't know what happens yet.) How, why, HOW, WHYYY?? (Have you noticed yet that I get a little bit caught up in the books I read?)

9 comments:

Cecilia said...

Lucky little Elijah hit the toy jackpot this week!!!

Glad to hear he is recovering well after his recent surgery.

Have a fun-filled weekend!

Lots of love from Ceci & Paul xoxo

TimnKatienElinSam said...

That book was tough on me too!! I cannot wait for the movie!!!!

Unknown said...

Does this mean that you've gotten Dan into Harry Potter? I need to know this.

Tina:0) said...

Looks like Mr. Elijah is back to a happy man!!

Glad he's healing well! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

Sarah said...

Awesome loot for Elijah! Just last night I explained to Eric what was happening in a book I'm reading with tears in my eyes. It is non-fiction but... I too get very caught up. Reading is definately my getaway.

Sarah said...

Awesome loot for Elijah! Just last night I explained to Eric what was happening in a book I'm reading with tears in my eyes. It is non-fiction but... I too get very caught up. Reading is definately my getaway.

il Dan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy said...

What fun to get new toys! Hope the day care routine gets easier ... I'm sure it will with a bit of time. I feel it's important to get some interaction with other kids. Good luck with it all and have a great week!

Unknown said...

Look at all those awesome toys, he must be in heaven. I am glad to hear things have calmed down for you and Elijah, I hoe you all had a nice 4th July and enjoed your day off Friday.