Monday, July 6, 2009

Our 4th of July weekend in pictures



The bad news from our weekend is that Dan didn't get any work. The good news is that Dan didn't get any work! Elijah and I had him all to ourselves. We filled our time with naps, walks, trips to the park, bike rides, picnics, an evening at our friends' house, fireworks and even a trip to the zoo.


The monkeys are smelly, Mama!


When I handed Elijah a biscuit to feed to the very long-tongued (and beautiful) giraffe, he started to eat it himself. Oops, not for you, sweetie! The giraffe appeared to enjoy it once he slurped it out of Elijah's hand.


We enjoyed our zoo time with the pretty Jess!


Time to shed.


We spent the evening of the 4th at our friends Ronda and Andrew's house...


..where Elijah made his first basket..


..and Dan showed off his dunking skills.


Elijah loved his time outside, as usual..


..and he took me for a ride on the scooter (ok, so we just sat on it).


He fell in love with Ronda and Andrew's massive candy bars and refused to set them down.


After Elijah went to bed we enjoyed some adult time in their backyard..


..watching the sun set..


..gazing at pretty clouds..


..launching fireworks toward those pretty clouds..


..enjoying a bonfire..


..and more fireworks.


The boys had a fun time igniting explosives and occasionally taking a break to enjoy the simple things..


..but then making their way back to the fun stuff.


The girls were satisfied with Sparkler Dancing.


I will be out of town for work for a few days :( so I'll see you all again on Thursday! I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday weekend!

14 comments:

my life: said...

LOVE it! I love your sweet baby...Emma was sitting here when I pulled up your post and saw his little face and said "ah, it's Elijah"
Isn't it crazy...how we don't "know" each other....yet, we "know" each other????? :0)

I'm glad you had a great holiday!

mina said...

What a wonderful weekend!

Tina:0) said...

Looks like you all had a great weekend! Glad you were able to spend some time together!

Vaeh & Gabby do the same thing that Amber mentioned her Emma does! I have to agree.

Hope working out of town isn't too tedious! Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful and fun weekend you had! Love the photos :-D

Unknown said...

What beautiful pictures! Looks like you guys had a wonderful 4th of July.

Have a safe trip!

Cecilia said...

Lovely pictures!!!

Glad you had a great weekend with Dan, Elijah and your friends!

Have a safe business trip!

Cheers!

Unknown said...

I love all of the pictures of E. You guys had a really great weekend that is so awesome.


Have a safe trip.

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great 4th! Be safe on your trip!

Ann(ie) said...

YAY for no work!!! And what fabulous pics.

CouponChic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Just find Joe a job near you guys...
I want in on all the fun!!!

Kathy said...

Just find Joe a job near you guys...
I want in on all the fun!!!

Kathy said...

ok...I guess I want LOTS of fun with you guys...
I kept hitting the darn enter button!

The Domanicos said...

Looks like you had a perfect weekend! Adorable pictures of Elijah as always.