Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A couple cute moments to remember

In anticipation of my dad's side of the family's Family Reunion this coming weekend, I was looking through last year's photos from the same reunion and found this beautiful boy..




A couple quick stories from last night..

Elijah was "working" at his work bench outside, sawing things with his "aw," as I sat in a chair on the patio watching him play. He looked up at me suddenly and said, "Dada?" and then he offered me his hand and said, "Ock!" This is translated to: "Where is Daddy? Here, help me walk (ock!) so we can go find him." So I grabbed his hands and helped him walk over to the front door. He peered into the living room and called "Dada?" again, but Dan didn't answer. Elijah said, "Dada? Odge! (garage)" so we headed over to the gate at the edge of the patio so he could peek around into the garage. Dan wasn't there either, so I suggested maybe he was somewhere inside. Elijah told me "ock!" again, so we walked into the house as he continued to call for Dan. I said, "I think he might be in the kitchen!" so Elijah walked quickly toward the kitchen and started to giggle because he was so excited to find Dan. And in standard Elijah fashion, he was so happy upon seeing Dan (even though he had spent most of the day with him) that he erupted into silly excited squeals and giggles.

It was the cutest thing. The communication thing is very new for us, so it is exciting when Elijah tells us who or what he wants. Yesterday's quest for Dan was so sweet. His sweet little voice calling Daddy's name, his unbalanced steps scurrying around, his eagerness to see his daddy..

Then later, after Elijah's bath, I asked him if he wanted to go downstairs and watch a little Thomas the Train on tv before bed. Of course he got excited and started to sign PLEASE repeatedly. To make this sign, you rub the palm of your hand in a circular motion on your chest. So when I picked Elijah up to go downstairs he was still signing please, and then he reached over and signed it on my chest. I guess that must have meant pretty please?

9 comments:

mina said...

Sounds like communication isn't too much of a problem for Elijah :)

He is too cute!

Cecilia said...

He is seriously cute.

Sounds like he communicated very well with you last night, so pround of your little man.

Well done Elijah!!!

Sarah said...

How could you turn down a pretty please - ever?

Tina:0) said...

Catching up... again! Looks like you all are having a great summer!

I love hearing of how Elijah's starting to talk more - aren't the way they say the things just darling?! Just the other day, Vaeh said something & when I asked her "what?" she said "I talking myself!"

Tina:0) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sounds like he is doing great on communicating with you. I am so glad that everyone is doing good.
Hope it continues through out the week. Have a good one.

Kathy said...

seriously...he's too smart!
pretty please...
seriously?

I ask Isacc, "where's daddy"....and he looks at the tv like.."is that it?"

I can't wait to meet that little guy one day!!!
Hope you guys have a great week!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Eli is still the highlight of my reading.... He really makes me smile... and I ache when you are all aching...
Both my lil ones are unwell with ear infections! Not a happy household here I am afraid...

The Willaerts said...

What a honey lover man!