Thursday, March 10, 2011

9-month well check



I can hardly believe that our Sammy is 9 months old already. Sometimes I hold him tight and beg him to please stop growing up. I am savoring his baby stages because they are going so much more quickly than Elijah's baby stages went. Soon he will be running all over the place and I'll want another baby! Ha!

Sammy is sooo close to crawling. Elijah started crawling at 21 months, so 9 months seems insane to me! Sam wants to gets his little hands on EVERYTHING. He will do whatever he needs to do to get to a toy. Scooch, pull, half-crawl, roll, fall. If I leave the room for 20 seconds, I usually come back to see Sam sprawled out over a toy barn, a toy tractor and a pile of toy cars, while chewing on a book and reaching for a puzzle. Nothing ever hurts him. He falls all over the place and never lets out a peep.

Along those same lines, he got a finger-poke at the doctor's office today and he didn't cry or wince one bit. He sat and watched the nurse squeeze and squeeze and squeeze blood from his finger with the sharpest curiosity.

Sammy weighs 22 lbs. 2 oz. (73rd percentile) and he is 29.5 inches tall (85th percentile). All developmental milestones are on track, if not ahead of schedule. I am learning that I am not one of those competitive parents who wants my baby to achieve milestones at the right time just for competition's sake. We know he is healthy, so I just want him to stay a BABY!

The only concern that came from the appointment today is the tiny pink bump on the side of his face. We still have not taken him to see a dermatologist to get it looked at, so now it is on our list of things to do in the near future.

We love our chubby, cute, adventurous Sammy!

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Chubby Sammy is so so cute!

jencooper said...

Woohoo!! What a great checkup!