Thursday, March 24, 2011

Surgery date set!

The scheduling department called today. My heart sunk to my toes. I set my calendar in front of me and flipped it to June. The first date she suggested was June 15th. I looked at June 15th on the calendar and it just didn't feel right. But I said, "Sure, that works." Then she said, "Wait a second, would you want to have it done on the 10th? Because Dr. Gremmels will be 'on service' that entire week (meaning, he'll be at the hospital basically all the time, even through the weekend)." Having Dr. G close at hand during those first few days following surgery will be invaluable to us. His presence is calming and reassuring and comforting. I looked at June 10th on my calendar. It's my sister-in-law Christine's birthday. If you have been reading this blog for a long time, you know that Elijah's surgery dates have often coincided with other significant days. Maybe that's why June 15th didn't seem right to me. There was nothing otherwise significant about it. I knew right away that June 10th was our day. Plus, just seeing Christine's name while thinking about Elijah's surgery calmed me since she is the kindest, most caring and loving person on the planet. June 10th it is!

I'll write more tonight about yesterday's ENT appointment!

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina:0) said...

Just marked the date on my calendar, too! Keeping you all in our prayers:0)

Sarah said...

Praying!!!

Ehlan said...

Always thinking of you and praying for you! We should have a play date again when it is nice weather!

Cecilia said...

I marked the date June 10 on my calender too. Sending our prayers your way!!!

Have a nice weekend!