Sunday, May 27, 2012

Explainin'

Sorry, you guys. Every once in a while things get to a place on this (public) blog that I don't like, and that happened again. I apologize for the deleted post/comments, you guys! I appreciate your feedback, but didn't feel it was a good use of blog time.

Since one person claimed to judge and another inquired about some of my statements in my previous post, I wanted to further explain how we handle Elijah's constant questions.


We provide Elijah with plenty of answers! He is repetitive and inquisitive to the point where it is obsessive. When he asks, "Mama, what's his name? Who is that?!" We provide him with legitimate responses: "I don't know, Honey." Sometimes we say, "Who do you think it is?!" and we let him provide a story. But this doesn't always help. It can go to a place that just is not productive.

No matter what we do or say, Elijah becomes extremely obsessive. As I stated in my last post, Elijah's behavior is not always productive. Yes, he is only 5 years old, but we AS HIS PARENTS, recognize behavior that isn't necessarily appropriate and try to redirect it. We know what is best for him, and we love him more than anything in the world (right along with Sammy!).

Please trust that we are caring for him as best as we possibly can. We love this boy!

We have been on a long journey with Elijah and I sometimes assume that everyone reading knows us as a family. I realize this is not the case, so I will be sure to explain things as well as possible from now on!