Thursday, April 24, 2014

New friends

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! We had a nice day. We celebrated Jesus' resurrection at our wonderful Celebration Church, followed by dinner, an egg hunt and time with cousins at Grandma's house. Here was my favorite photo of the day. :)


Things have kind of been a blur since that warm sunny day last weekend. I have been working in Cannon Falls, which means a lot of time in the car and away from home. I had a nasty sickness yesterday that wiped me out beyond my already super-tired weariness that has been standard for me lately. Since Tuesday night, I've been trying to be a little gentler on myself...early bedtimes, hydration, more quality boy time and less unnecessary computer time. Working away from home makes me VERY appreciative of the time I have with my boys. I'm excited for the weekend!

Elijah has had a great week all around. He has had four "great" days at school and he is so excited about his new friendship with the cute little girl from his class who lives a few houses down from us. He's been over to her house a few times in the past week. It's a little bit tricky since he is still learning safety rules of sidewalks/roads/driveways. I don't feel totally comfortable just letting him run wild around the neighborhood, especially when Sammy insists on following his big bro everywhere. It's crazy, as this is totally new territory for all of us. I want Elijah and Sammy to form friendships, but can't they do it in our safe little yard? :) The other night I was trying to keep an eye on both boys as they cruised around in little cars with their friends. They were staying off the road and within the block we were on, but at times they would drive into the back grassy area where I couldn't see them. The one little boy who Sammy had been riding with came around the corner...without Sammy. I asked where he was and the little boy said, "Oh, I dropped him off way over there!" Cue me sprinting across the back lawn like a mad woman. I found my sweet little Sammy standing in the grass, sadly crying out, "WHERE'S MY MOMMY?!?!" A little boy from across the street had seen him crying and had come to comfort him. :( I scooped him up and vowed to not let him out of my sight again. This is stressful! But it is so nice to see the boys socializing!

This weekend will be one of our last together at home as a family in possibly a very long time, so I'm hoping to make the most of it. I hope you are all having a great week! Thanks for checking in.

No comments: