Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Putting out fires

Dan and I burned our dinner to a crisp this evening. We put salmon on the grill, Dan ran out to the store quick and I got dinner ready for the boys. A few minutes later somebody was furiously pounding on our door. I turned around to see flames flying out the back of our grill. Yikes! The kind lady potentially saved our home from burning down, although I wasn't super impressed with the lecture. We've had this grill for a long time, so we are blaming its old age for the random fire. The flames were stretching so far that they warped our siding. Sigh. 



Aside from that, we have had a great past week! Elijah is sleeping later in the mornings, which is so super awesome. His behavior at home has not improved by a whole lot, so we are hoping a slight med dosage increase will help with this. Behavior at school has been mostly great. Today was a "so-so" day, which I'll happily take.

The little boys and I took our second trip to the library tonight. Sammy was VERY upset about having to say good-bye to his library book. He does not like change. He came around, though, and picked out a fun new book about the different seasons. Elijah went the fiction route this week and picked out a silly book that we are looking forward to reading at bedtime tonight.

I wanted to share this photo of Elijah with his kindergarten teacher's sweet, adorable little girl. It was my privilege to take her 1-year photos a couple weeks ago. We love Mrs. B so very much and miss having her as his teacher this year. She will always have a very special place in our hearts. I prayed for her since Elijah was a tiny baby, and I remember meeting her for the first time and just KNOWING she was meant to be E's teacher. We love her and we love her beautiful little girl! Elijah was my photo assistant for this session and did a great job!


I had a work opportunity come up for the next 10ish days, so I'll be super busy with that. Dan will be manning the crazy Porta fort for a while. Thanks for checking in! Have a great week!

No comments: