Friday, April 18, 2014

Sunglasses and a friend!

A really quick post tonight! I was taking a bath tonight and Sammy peeked his head in to say good-night. He had sunglasses on. Of course he did. He looked at me straight-faced for three seconds and then: "G'night, Mommy," and shut the door abruptly. I laughed for an entire minute.

The boys and I colored Easter eggs tonight (pics to come!). In the middle of dunking eggs into orange and pink dye, there was a knock at the door. It was Elijah's little friend from his class who lives down the street. She is the CUTEST and kindest little thing, and she had stopped by a couple times last week, as well. Elijah was BEYOND EXCITED (times a million) that she asked him to go to the park with her. There was an "older" girl going along to watch them, but I felt weird as I watched him scoot away from me on his little blue trike. Dan and Sammy followed just to make sure the situation was safe. Phew...that made my tummy feel much more settled.

This sweet little girl is so precious...to Elijah and to his mama. It is the first peer....EVER...to show interest in wanting to spend time with him. He has been so incredibly excited and happy about her interest in him. I keep praying it will continue. And that his social skills will continue to improve. Thank you, God, for answered prayers!

Wishing you all a great Easter weekend! 

No comments: