Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Opposite of "not new" is...

I began work in Cannon Falls (for the Fall) on Friday. Since then I have worked down there three days and shot a wedding, so I know I must look tired. That was confirmed when I got home tonight. Sammy looked me square in the eyes and said, "By the way, Mom, you do NOT look new." Ouch! At least he is honest!

I don't have much to report regarding Elijah and school. We continue to send him to school, sending him deeper into tiredness and knowing it's not necessarily what is best for him right now. His teachers have been quiet, so I assume that means things are going better for the most part. Or they are sick of my emails.

We are waiting patiently for Dr. M (doctor) and Dr. F (sp ed case mgr) to speak, but I haven't heard a peep about that. Dan was able to accompany Elijah's class on a field trip today and for the ten minutes that he observed E in class he said it was obvious that he required a lot of extra attention. I know for a fact that he wouldn't require as much attention if we could cut back his days for a season and give his brain a break.

The field trip went great, Dan said! Elijah's classmates interacted with him and seemed to like him, although Elijah was rarely the one initiating interaction. I was glad Dan was able to go along. We try to always make that happen.

That's about all for now! Please say a prayer that we will be UNDERSTOOD soon. Very soon. And very understood.

No comments: