Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The rollercoaster continues

The plan was to sedate him and keep him comfortable till they attempt pulling the tube tomorrow, but apparently his tolerance is up and nothing is affecting him anymore. He has gotten a dose of Atavan and also Morphine and NOTHING! So he's wide awake...and he needs to sleep! I think there's another drug they're going to try, which I HATE. I hate the thought of all those dopey drugs coarsing through his veins.

Also, some more potential scary news. While suctioning his lungs a few minutes ago, the nurse found his lung secretions to be somewhat mucousy and yellow, which could possibly indicate an infections, which would be very NOT GOOD. That news made me pretty upset because things could get just awful if he has an infection. The nurse sent in cultures and we'll get the preliminary results back tomorrow.

This is the wildest rollercoaster I've ever been on in my life. I can't believe all the ups and downs we have experienced...and the ride isn't over yet. PLEASE please please keep little Elijah in your prayers a little extra tonight. We really need him to be healthy and strong so we can move on. Thank you.

p.s. Sorry if I sound horribly negative. I'm just scared and sad and overwhelmed. We do know things will be ok. It's just a little hard to see that while in the middle of the chaos.

8 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Awww.. I'm so sorry you're suffering so... you have my number if you want to cry and vent.

When Matthew had a yellowy substance coming from his chest after his first surgery, it was Chylo Thorax ... or something like that... they had nicked some kind of duct during surgery ... it's not uncommon... in fact it happens a lot....
Matthew couldn't have "mommy's milk" for two months... but it heals up on it's own...

I will pray that it's not an infection!!!

Jackie said...

I'm praying that the rollercoaster will slow down for you, giving you a time of much needed rest.

Blessings on your family!

Anonymous said...

We know just how difficult this can be. I don't think you are being overly negative at all. It is necessary to find that balance between realistic assessment of the situation and optimism. You seem to be right in that optimum range for making the best decisions for Elijah. Hang in there. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers and hope for a uneventful night and some positive gains tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I dont think you're being negative either. You are human. Being strong isnt always easy. But, when you are feeling overwhelmed, remember that you have a LOT of people praying for you. May God restore you. We have prayed that Elijah wont have any infections. So, dont go back on your faith. Remember that WHATEVER happens, its in God's hands. Whatever the Drs say, just say, "God, do you hear that? Pls add that to your things to attend to" and believe that He will.

Sankaty said...

Judy and I are praying for Elijah's speedy recovery. May the wind stay at your back and keep you moving forward.

Shamira said...

My prayers are with you and Elijah, always

Sarah said...

Elijah stay's in my prayers. Mommy & Daddy ~ I'm praying for you too!
~heart hugs

Wendy said...

Hitting my knees everyday to pray for Elijah and your family. He is a beautiful little guy!