Friday, May 18, 2007

Sleepy, crabby and awaiting surgery

Quick rant: The other night I read through some of our earlier posts from back when I was pregnant and wow...the doctors gave us SOSOOooosooooooooOOOOoo much more to worry about during my pregnancy than was necessary. We came home from every doctor's appointment feeling lower than ever, thinking our baby was going to be born with one eye and seven arms and a half a brain and no fingernails. There was way too much medical speculation that did nothing but bring us down. It was good to know about the heart defect before birth, but everything else they speculated about was ridiculous and heart-wrenching.

We will be posting more often now that surgery is approaching and we'll want to keep you all updated, and also because I'm starting to get a bit anxious about it and need a place to come vent. We also owe some recent pictures! We have to show you how chubby Elijah is! I promise I will do that this weekend. I just came back to work full-time and ever since, my days consist of working, going home to console crying baby (more on that below), sleeping, providing nourishment for baby when I find time....and then starting over again.... Dan is staying home with Eli till next Fall, so that has made being back at work a bit easier, but (sorry Zinpro) it's still not easy. In fact, it is bloody hard. I now have a deep appreciation and respect for all working moms.

Elijah hasn't been taking naps very well lately and when he is sleepy, he is a MAD baby. (Like Mama, he needs his sleep!) So at the end of the day, when I'm ready to snuggle and play, he's ready to scream his head off. Dan does such a good job with him during the day and tries soooo hard to get him to sleep as much as possible, but I think Eli's declining health and lowering oxygen sats are contributing to his sleepiness and there's not much we can do about that except just wait till he's "fixed."

Enough blabbing for now. We'll post pics and an update on surgery stuff this weekend. Dr. G had better call us back today...we've been waiting to hear from him all week!

No comments: