Monday, January 12, 2009

Peace


Happy bath boy


I'm pretty sure there's no cuter face than this

Dan spent the past weekend up north in the woods being manly with his friends, so Elijah and I were able to do a few fun things and spend some quality time with each other. We had a really nice weekend. We got out to see some friends and we also had a lot of home time. I got more cleaning and organizing done, yay! I love that I finally have time and energy for this. It feels like I've been in a coma for the past...oh, two years.


One of Elijah's new things is to hug everything in sight. He squints his eyes and makes a little "Nnnnnnnnn" sound every time he hugs. Here he is hugging his favorite letter Q.

This week we are focusing on taking care of some house issues (not good to have a heater that isn't working properly when it's not supposed to get above zero degrees any time soon) since we are leaving on Saturday for eight days. We are flying to Charlotte to visit my dad, stepmom and little brother. We can't wait! We only get to see them maybe once or twice a year, so this is a treat for us. They are always amazing hosts..they feed us until we're plump and let us catch up on sleep and show us around the town. Elijah is ready to love them all up!


Holding onto another favorite letter, G

As an extra treat, my dad and stepmom have graciously agreed to watch Elijah for two nights next week while Dan and I drive into the mountains to stay in Asheville, NC. We plan on spending one of those days touring the Biltmore Mansion. We couldn't be more excited about this little part of our trip. I love old architecture and mansions and the mountains and exploring new towns...and of course, quality Dan-Megan time.

Here is a photo that is sure to brighten anyone's day. This is what Dan's friends got to look at all weekend. Isn't the 'stache lovely? You can barely see Elijah's little head at the bottom of the photo, looking up at Dan like, WHOA!

8 comments:

ThePicks said...

Nice photo; Dan looks like he's joined the cast of Dukes of Hazaard! The bath photos are soo precious!! Hope you guys have a FABULOUS time on vacation; you deserve it!!!

Love,
The RA

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

I am so excited about your trip to Charlotte and meeting you and Dan!! I'll be emailing you my cell number later today.

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh I just want to squeeze his little face! Adorable pictures! I'm glad you are feeling peaceful and hope you have a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

Oh, please greet Paula and Dick for us! When I look at his beautiful face in the tub shots I can see a little of Grandpa, a little of Heath, a lot of Megan. I'm sure there's lots of his daddy in there but it's easier for me to see the "Weiss features."

Have a wonderful trip!

Lana Ringgenberg

Ellen, Eric and Leo said...

Dan, I don;t know what to say except that Eric and I challange you to grow a mullet!
Meg, I hope to see lots of cool pics from your trip, some artsy stuff, too. It's good for the soul.

mina said...

What a cutie! Have fun on your trip, I've wanted to go to the Biltmore Estate for years, I'm so jealous!

Kathy said...

That pic of Dan is priceless! he'll fit right in...in NC!

You will love Ashville and the Biltmore...it'll be a second honeymoon. GOSH....I wish we were there to meet up with you guys!

Hope the trip is easy, the weather beautiful...and the food delicious!

and Elijah in the tub...what a big boy (we're still in the kitchen sink!)

Ann(ie) said...

That little smile makes me so happy! Love that kid!