Monday, January 5, 2009

Cough cough....gasp..cough.....cough..

Every day I think that this just has to be the turn-around day. But the Cough Monster coughs on.. Last week the doctor said it was just a viral thing and it needed to run its course, so we continue to wait it out.

Aside from the coughing, Elijah seems to be feeling just fine. He is crawling all over the place, making messes at each stop. He appears to be attempting to master the art of The Tantrum lately, too. He has gotten really good at throwing enormous fits for no apparent reason at all. He is one feisty, stubborn, strong-willed little boy. I keep reminding myself that these are good traits to have while lying in a hospital bed after surgery.

I have been trying to take more video of him lately because I want to remember everything. I wish I could bottle up his smells and sounds and always remember them as clearly as I do now (maybe minus the tantrums). I feel so lucky that he is such a cuddly boy. He likes to crawl over to me and reach for me. When I pick him up, he puts his arms around me and rests his head on my shoulder. He's my little snuggle man, and I'm so thankful that he enjoys the hugs and closeness as much as I do.

I have a busy first part of my week, so pics and video will have to wait for the last part of the week. And a question for fellow bloggers.. Have any of you ever looked into turning your blog into a printed album or book? I really want to do this for archiving purposes. Someday, I want Elijah to be able to read through all of the entries we have written, and also to see the comments people have left for him. I found one place that is compatible with Blogger, but their site isn't very user-friendly. I'm wondering if there are better sites out there dedicated to this sort of thing?

9 comments:

my life: said...

Hold him tightly friend...as I celebrate the 13th birthday of my son today. I can honestly say, that time evaporates.
I love the way you love Elijah. Wanting to hold onto every bit of every stage. (almost...anyway!)

Hoping the cough subsides soon! :0)

Andrea said...

I'm glad Elijah isn't bothered too much by the lingering coughing. I hope it stops soon. I love to hear how he's crawling all over the place...it wasn't that long ago you were anxiously awaiting the day he would start crawling! I am interested to here what you find out about binding the blog...My friend just did that for me for Christmas, but she had to cut and paste the posts and comments into a word document before she had it printed and bound.

mina said...

Sorry to hear that the cough persists, but good to know it's not slowing Elijah down.

I don't know about any good websites for archiving, but please share with me if you find one. The kids' grandparents aren't very inclined to use the web, it would be such a good idea, they miss out on so much. Meanwhile, I'll keep looking too.

Enjoy your little snuggle-bug!

jencooper said...

Ahhhh.....Elijah and Grace are kindred spirits....making messes and throwing tantrums!! Maybe we could have a playdate and just let them have it out together. However, she is not my snuggle-bug....and I wish that she was.

I hope that the cough goes away very soon!!

<3,
jennifer

Mami Adame said...

Snuggles are the best...u even forget the tantrums for a little while!
The book idea is great! Had not even thought of that. Let me know how it goes. Hope Elijah feels better soon!

Sarah said...

I know that it can be done. I looked into it once - haven't really investigating but I had saved this website http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook. Also one of Krystals adoptiion families blog talks about recently having hers published. http://whoabebe.blogspot.com/.

Samantha said...

You have been MIA all day...is everything okay? Thinking of you!

Love ya!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear Elijah has a cough hope he gets to feeling better real soon. Also what a great idea to make a book of your blog, I love that idea but do not have any info, if you find out more please post I am also very interested.

Karen

Samantha said...

OKAY..getting WORRIED...you have not been on Facebook or GMAIL the last two days...what is going on? Is everyone okay? I am worried my friend.

Love ya!