Friday, January 16, 2009

Warmth, please

We have mere hours left in arctic Minnesota. It was -21 degrees on my drive to work this morning, and that is just a little too cold for me. We are looking forward to spending time in a tolerable climate for a few days. Our flight leaves tomorrow at 1:30 and we haven't even started packing yet. This is usually how we do things. Even though we are last-minute packers, we usually don't forget anything! We have so many fun things to look forward to on this trip. I will capture as much of it as possible in writing and on our camera.

Elijah has been so fun to be around this week. He makes us laugh all the time. He started sprint-crawling and it cracks me up. When he has his heart set on getting somewhere quickly, he crawls like he's in a very competitive race. It's so funny to see his little arms and legs moving so fast and his little bum going from side to side. He has been so fun and bubbly and full of personality lately. We haven't even had too many tantrums this week. Hopefully our vacation will be just as pleasant and tantrum-free.

Have a great weekend! We'll update next from North Carolina, where are fingers will have had a chance to thaw out.

16 comments:

Kathy said...

enjoy..enjoy...enjoy!
and smoochy moochy on that butterball for me!!!

Tina:0) said...

Bring some heat with you on your way back through! Although we were a little warmer than you all today (a whopping 0 to 3 degrees!)

Hope you enjoy your trip. Have fun & give Mr. Elijah some hugs from us!

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

I don't know that you'll get much warmer here, Megan! It's 12 degrees tonight with 3 degree windchill! Can't wait till Monday!!

The Smith's said...

Have a wonderful, safe and WARM trip! Well, warmer at least! Thank you so much for praying for Luke this week. I'm sure you know how much that means!

Can't wait to hear how your trip went! It's always so great to be near family.

love, Jesse

Anonymous said...

I thought of you whenenver I saw on the news how freaky cold it was in MN! Yikes!

Hope you guys have a wonderful trip and have lots of fun with your family.

Be safe!

Love ya,

Cindy

mina said...

Have fun thawing out on your trip. Maybe by the time you get home the Arctic chill will be long gone!

Unknown said...

Have a fun trip!

jencooper said...

I hope that you are having a terrific trip!! I hope that you made it there safely.

Enjoy that little butterball. I hope that he gets lots of crawling practice in today!!

<3,
Jennifer

Ann(ie) said...

I'm a last minute packer too...adds to the chaos of it all. HAVE so much fun!!! xo.

Mami Adame said...

Hope you are having a wonderful trip. Wish I could bottle up some warmth and send it your way!

Wendy said...

Megan,

I hope you guys have a wonderful time visiting your family! I just stopped in to see how your little man is doing....he's adorable as always! :) Love the tubby pics! And your 2008 slideshow...

It sounds like Elijah is making such awesome progress...crawling and learning letters?! Wow! I am impressed! These little ones are full of surprises, aren't they?!

Hope the weather is warmer for you when you come home! Have a safe trip.

Heart Hugs & Prayers,

Wendy (& Emma, too!) ~ 3-years-old, TOF, 6q deletion syndrome

www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmanicole

Corrie said...

Hello,
I've been following your blog for a while now and I'm glad to see that Elijah is doing so well. He's a strong little guy to say the least!

I'm in the process of creating a Heart Kids link list for my blog and I was wondering if you would mind if I added Elijah to that list.

Hoping some warmer weather makes it your way! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys are having a great time! Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you!

Love ya,

Cindy

Ellen, Eric and Leo said...

Considering his age, I seriously doubt your trip will be tantrum-free. But having said that, I'm sure you will have lots of fun with your family. Enjoy your special mommy-daddy side-trip and we'll catch up when you get back. Take lots of pics!

Unknown said...

Sorry it has been awhile since I have posted, I had Surgery and am just now getting around to everyone and catching up.

I hope you guys are enjoying your vacation, Gosh it is really cold there.I almost turned on the A.C. today it was 75 Degrees in my house today. I will send some warmth if you send me some cold air, DEAL....

Have Fun. Karen

Samantha said...

WHEN are you coming home????

I have some serious need to discuss the Twilight stories...I miss you!!!!!!

Much love!
Samantha