Monday, November 8, 2010

Cuteness, sickness and venison

Too much drama!!! Let's focus on what the blog is really about! OUR WONDERFUL BOYS!



I love this cute, scrunchy, happy face Elijah makes when he is enjoying something (below). And check out all of that hair! Tell his parents to get him a hair cut!



Samson was sick all weekend. Nothing terrible, but he has a little cough, a congested nose (especially after sleeping) and goopy eyes. You can see in the below photo that his eyes are lacking the usual sparkle. And guess what?! He doesn't like to be left alone. EVER. Not only that, but he has to be in a set of arms at all times. This has resulted in a terribly achy and sore back for the mama. I have never quite experienced back pain like this before. Not so much fun!



Here's a cute thing from the weekend. This conversation took place a handful of times:

"Mommy, where Daddy at?"

"Daddy is hunting with Grandpa at Grandpa's cabin this weekend."

After some thinking..

"Gwappa say, 'Hi Daddy! Wet's go shoot deer, Daddy!'?"

"Yes! I bet Grandpa did say that."

"Daddy bwing steaks home?"

"It's very possible!"

"Daddy hunting wif Gwappa?"

"Yes, sweetie, Daddy is hunting with Grandpa."



And Elijah called it. Dan shot a buck, so a freezer full of venison will be ours shortly. Good job, Husband!



Ok, I'm noticing a serious lack of Sammy photos. It's because when he is awake, he is usually in my arms!

I still like to smooch on this delicious neck occasionally and I am thankful that he still allows it..



One of the many ways preschool has been great for Elijah is that he has become much better at doing things for himself. He can now put on his own coat and hat! The first time he did it I about fell over. Sometimes he doesn't get it quiiiiite right, but I'll take it! :)



There was so much imaginative play going on in our house this weekend. It was so much fun to watch! Elijah had an elaborate set-up in our living room and kitchen where his trains would travel to different places (movie store, home, Dairy Queen and car wash, to name a few). Then he would walk outside and pretend to check out a movie. The whole time he would be talking to himself like there were people there. Ummm, like mother like son? I was the queen of imaginary friends at his age!



After I took some photos of a roast I made yesterday, Elijah asked me to come over and photograph the meat that he had just prepared..



And one last thing because this post is getting way too long. Elijah has suddenly started asking me to do baby things with him. He will bring me his glass of milk and ask me to feed it to "Baby Elijah." Or, he will get Sam's playmat out of the closet and lay on it. He is most definitely aware of the attention Sam needs right now!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I see you deleted that previous post. Good to see you focus on the important stuff!!

Sarah said...

Those boys are precious!

Cecilia said...

Two adorable boys, lucky you!