Friday, November 5, 2010

Foot in mouth disease

I discovered today that people from Elijah's school have been reading our blog this week, which bums me out a little bit. I never intended for certain people to see what I wrote here, although I do realize that this blog is fair game to anyone who has access to a computer. I truly do adore Elijah's teachers and therapists and think they do an amazing job with him. And I actually take most of the responsibility for the drama that occurred this week. Dan and I should have provided everyone with Elijah's detailed medical history BEFORE school started. Anyway, I certainly hope no harm was done. I am just a mama who has poured my entire SOUL into loving and protecting my awesome little boy(s) and I only want the very best for him.

Enough about that!

Our Dan-less weekend has begun! Having him home next weekend is going to seem surreal. We won't know what to do with ourselves! I cannot fathom it after such a long spring/summer/fall of hardly getting to see him at all on the weekends.

Sammy has a tiny bit of a cold, which I am praying stays TINY. One of the things that makes me a tad nervous about having the boys alone overnight is Elijah's croup. The thought of dealing with that by myself makes me a little crazy. So that's something else I have been saying prayers for. NO CROUP!

That's about all for now. I'm trying to decide between a glass of wine and a bath or a movie. Hmmmm, decisions.

4 comments:

mina said...

Megan, I have followed your blog for a loooooong time and I would have never perceived you or Dan as being anything other than highly involved with Elijah. So sorry the IEP made you feel that way, but I'm glad you got it cleared up!

Hoping that the tiny cold fizzles out into nothing!

Ehlan said...

I'm glad that you have cleared the way with Elijah's IEP and can focus, once again, on the education he is receiving. You guys are awesome parents! Enjoy hunting weekend. :)

Kendis said...

Enjoy your weekend! I hope Dan has a great time too. I know chris has been so excited all week for hunting, it's such a great time for the guys.

Cecilia said...

Hope Sam gets better soon.

Have a nice weekend!