Monday, November 22, 2010

I love our home

This boy is a natural eater. I cannot believe how much food he is able to squish into his belly every day.



We had another fun weekend. Having Dan home on the weekends is wonderful!

Here is something we see around our house a lot. Elijah likes to play Grocery Store, which means that there are often grocery bags filled with various items strewn about our home.



This morning I found my shoes in a grocery bag, along with a package of barley, instant mashed potatoes and a few of Sammy's toys.



Saturday night Dan and I were in the kitchen making dinner when Elijah walked around the corner. "I have to go potty." WHHHAAAAAAT??? Squeals and scurrying ensued as we ushered him to the bathroom and sat him on his potty chair. Two minutes later, I heard, "I DID IT! I GO POTTY!" I went over to peek, and sure enough! AAHHHhhahhahahhhhhh, the amount of dancing and high-fiving that occurred was a little bit absurd. Then Elijah said, "Candy, please." Ohhhh, I see. The potty thing is starting to click and now he knows to use it for personal gain. Which is fine with me! At least something is motivating him!



We asked him a lot more yesterday if he wanted to sit on the potty chair and every time he said, YES! And every time he went potty! And every time he got candy! Now that we know it is clicking, we can get much more serious about this potty training business. YAY!!

Sammy is working on sitting up on his own. He is gaining strength quickly. His napping is still all over the place, and he still has a lot of fussy-needy time during the day. He is CHUBBY. His legs are so fat that we can't get socks to stay on his feet.



I am beyond excited about the short work week and the upcoming long holiday weekend with my men!

6 comments:

Ann Marie Huttner said...

yay for elijah! attaboy! We are going to be in town this weekend and we would love love to see you all! I have a craving for some sammy chub! talk to you soon!

my life: said...

So much good stuff here! Yummy baby/pre-school chub and faces...pretend play...pottying!!! Wow...to say I'm jealous would be...well, truthful! Yay Elijah!!! Biggie boy! :0)
Happy Thanksgiving friend!

Sarah said...

Yeah for the hubby getting to be home more! Way ti go Elijah! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Unknown said...

Yeah for Elijah how awesome is this. Soon you will only have one in diapers. I am so proud of him.

Cecilia said...

Well done, Elijah!!!

Take some photos of Sam's fat legs ... PLEASEEEEE

The Smith's said...

Way to go, Elijah! Love that boy and love how our kiddo's just love to do things in their OWN time. I am feeling the same way you are these days ... BLESSED by my boys and my home. Happy thanksgiving, friend!