Friday, April 15, 2011

3-year heart anniversary



It has been three years today since Elijah's second open heart surgery. It's crazy to think of where he was then, that morning three years ago, and where he is now. He was such a sick little boy. He had a very tired heart, and it was getting ready to give up. But his surgery was a success! Look at our spunky, smart, energy-filled boy now!

As we always do, we will do a little celebrating today. April 15th, 2008, was one of the most important days of our lives, so we will forever acknowledge it.

My way of preparing for open heart surgery #3 up until now has been to not prepare for it. In fact, all I've wanted to do is tuck my three boys under my arms and run far far away. This week I came to a place where I realized that I have to face this. I cannot run. So I have made a few positive changes and I've started taking care of myself a little bit (this is something that typically gets pushed aside for this busy, working mama). I KNOW God will carry us all through this.

Happy Heart Anniversary, Elijah! I love you, my sweet, brave boy.

6 comments:

mina said...

Happy heart day, Elijah!

Cecilia said...

Happy Heart Anniversary, Elijah!

Yes GOD will carry you all through the 3rd open heart surgery.

All the best! xo

Stefenie said...

Happy Heart Anniversary Elijah!

Anonymous said...

Happy Heart Anniversary Elijah :)

I love the picture. Priceless.

Sarah said...

Happy Mendaversary Elijah!

jencooper said...

I know what you mean...I just try not to think about surgery #3. Ugh. But, then I think about the fact that she will probably get to run without being completely out of breath...and I want her to feel good.

Such a myriad of emotions in the heart world....