Friday, April 22, 2011

King for a day



Last Friday was Elijah's special Heart Day, so we ordered pizza and let him eat in the living room while we watched a movie (Megamind) and as he held tightly onto one of the heart balloons Dan picked up for him.



Then he got a special dessert, topped with a cherry.



I asked him a few times if he knew why we were celebrating and he said, "Elijah's heart surgery."



Well, it has been a much better week in some areas and a crappy one in others. Does anyone ever achieve total balance and harmony? Let me rephrase that. Does anyone with a full-time job, two little boys, a house, a husband and two blogs ever achieve total balance and harmony?

Elijah's surgery will occur exactly seven weeks from today. I don't feel ready in any regard, but this is something I will never feel ready for. We have some things to figure out before it happens, and I have been praying hard for nothing but good, reassuring news. His laryngoscopy is scheduled for May 2nd. I have all kinds of knots in my tummy about that day and about what Dr. S will "find" down in our boy's croup-prone airway.

Tomorrow we have a wedding to attend and Sunday we will celebrate Easter with family (and food!). Elijah has some adorable bunny ears to show you all. I'll snap a few pics this weekend.

Happy Easter, everyone!

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Love all those pictures of your little KING!

Happy Easter!!!

my life: said...

Ugh! momma...I'm sorry :(
Thankful we know the One who provides a peace that passes understanding, remembering to leave it with Him can be SO tricky! *you KNOW I share in that struggle* Praying for your heart and the extention of that heart, your family.
Although I don't comment on every post...know that I hold you close and contemplate munching on Sammy's thighs frequently. :0)
much love...