Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A fresh start!



We had a fun, relaxing time in North Carolina over the long holiday weekend. It was wonderful to see family, hug family and spend time with family. I miss my family!



Elijah had a BLAST playing with Gwamps, Gwammie and Uncle Joel. Like last year, one of his favorite things to do was to play in Walgreens (Grammie and Gramps' bathroom). He would invite people in to shop and purchase items. Apparently all we need to do to keep Elijah occupied at home is build French doors in our bathroom!



Sammy was soooo snuggly with everyone, especially Juan the puppy! He loved to lay his head on Juan's back and snuggle up to him. Juan didn't think this was so much fun, as was evidenced by him running across the room AGAIN...away from the snuggly baby. :) It was pretty cute how much Sam adored him. And funny how much Juan did NOT adore him back.



We ate A TON of food while we were there, but it was all worth it. It was all so delicious! Isn't that what vacations are for? Gaining weight? And sleeping? And relaxing? And spending time with family?



Since returning home yesterday, the following things have happened:
- 10 pounds of snot have dripped out of Sammy's nose (yum).
- I have suddenly become unemployed.
- Elijah has had to sit in approximately 137 time-outs for saying the word CR*P and for being mean to his brother.
- We have set sea monkey eggs free into a container of water in hopes that they will hatch.
- I have started a new "diet," which is actually just a way to (hopefully) reduce my migraine symptoms (dizziness, brain fog, fatigue).
- I fell HARD on the sidewalk after slipping on a patch of ice while attempting to exercise.
- Instead, I decided on push-ups, jumping jacks and lunges inside where there is no ice.
- Elijah has sat on his new whoopie cushion (thanks, Uncle Joel!) 1,000 times, which is always followed by a string of giggling. Sam now sits on the whoopie cushion, too, and somehow that is just really funny.



So here's to a clean slate in 2012! We wish the absolute best for all of you this year.

4 comments:

Cecilia said...

What a wonderful trip and glad to know you enjoyed it so much.

Love all the pics!

Happy 2012!

KS Jeff said...

Megan,

I want you to know how terrible I feel for you and your family. I have prayed daily for you and your family. I am 200% in your corner and want you to contact me if there is anything at all I could ever do for you and your family. My cell is 303-332-5815.

God's grace and peace be with you and yours always,
Jeff DeFrain

jencooper said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa...talk about slipping #2 in there. I am very sorry to hear about this. I will be praying for all of you.

Love all the pics of the snuggly boys. They are all kinds of adorable!!!

Sarah said...

Loving all these pics of your beautiful boys! Sorry to hear about the job situation. I will definately say a prayer and that this only opens doors that were closed before.