Wednesday, September 25, 2013

First grade sadness

As I do every evening, I asked Elijah what his favorite part of the day was. He said he didn't know, so I asked about lunch (his previously stated favorite part of the day). A sad look came over his face and he grew silent. I carefully inquired and he shared with me that the other kids in his class don't like to sit with him, so he sits "alone" during lunch. Dan and I agreed that this was a top 3 biggest punch-in-gut moment, six years of hospital and medical drama included.

Granted, I feel like I should speak with his teacher before getting too upset but gauging from the sad look on his little face I'm assuming there is some speck of truth here. Our sweet, kind, strong, friendly, AMAZING child is feeling excluded and is hurting.

He has been having behavioral problems in school, as well, which truly doesn't surprise me much. It was a rough summer in that department. We are working with his teacher to take care of specific behaviors and hopefully put them to rest.

Please pray for our sweet boy. Pray that he will have confidence about awesome he truly is and how LOVED he is. Also pray for the teachers at his school to know how to care for him the best. Thank you!

On a much lighter note, I'll end with a little bit of shameless bragging! :) I was published in a magazine! Go grab the October issue of Southern Living magazine off the shelf and check out page 12!


1 comment:

jencooper said...

Dang!! I should have gotten your autograph while you were here!! :)
Congrats!!

Hang in there....love you guys!!