Monday, February 24, 2014

The minion party!

Elijah had a great Despicable Me-themed birthday party on Sunday. I'm confident that he was pleased. We had him take a nap that day, and when he came downstairs afterward and saw all of the decorations up he said in his super-cuteness, "OH MY GOSH! Look at my party stuff! Thanks so MUCH, Mom and Dad! I'm so surprised! You surprised me! THANK YOU! I love it! Wow! Thank you!" :)


Meanwhile, Sammy was doing his most favorite thing: watching a show on the iPad. Could his snuggliness be any cuter?


No Despicable Me party is complete without minion cupcakes, right?! Elijah and Sammy swooned over these. They were a party hit.


One of my absolute favorite things throughout the years has been the Happy Birthday Face, as I call it. It's that moment when my boys realize they are loved and being sung to and that they are the total center of attention. I ALWAYS capture this moment on camera. Or, uh, moments...as people hear my camera click-click-clicking..





The minion cupcakes were devoured and all bellies were pleased.


The birthday boy got to eat the one purple minion of the bunch. He was very happy about that, ice cream on the forehead and all.


We stuffed so many people into our little home. It was cozy and awesome!


Elijah and Grandma!


Grandma and Grandpa hugs!


We were all so excited to have Elijah and Sammy's sweet little friends from daycare over for the party. Elijah and Paigey are a year apart and have known each other since they were babes. Sammy and Lainey are also a year apart and have known each other since birth. Our boys don't attend daycare full-time anymore, but we get them there every once in a while so they can spend time with these sweet little girls. They are just the sweetest little things and we are happy our boys have them as friends! Completely out of the blue, Elijah said to me the other day, "Mom, Paige is going to be my wife." I told him that Paige needs to want that, as well!


The coloring station, which Elijah later told me was his favorite part of the party. Special time with his Paigey and Lainey!


Friends!


Leave it to Sam to NOT cooperate for a picture...in the cutest way ever.


This morning we brought the boys to see the dentist. It was Sammy's first time and he did GREAT! He was so cooperative and cute. He told the dentist, "I have twenty teeth!" :) Elijah did great, too, our little dentist pro. Neither boy had cavities, which was a relief. The whole ordeal took way longer than we anticipated, so Elijah ended up missing his half-day of school this morning. He will be back at it tomorrow!

1 comment:

jencooper said...

Love those boys!! And love seeing the happiness on E's face! I am so happy that he had such a great party.