Sunday, December 7, 2008

We are alive


The froggy PJs are so cute. Every time he wears them, he looks closely at the frogs and says, "Ahh. ahhhhhhhhh," which is his sound for "ribbit."


He just loves to feel secure and surrounded and comfortable. We made him a "fort" out of his favorite blankie and his walker and he loved it.


Another security thing...he loves to crawl under the table and surround himself with chairs. I have never known anyone who has needed security more than Elijah does. I guess I can't blame him.

I think I need help. I started reading Twilight, as it is my book club's next book choice, and ever since then my life hasn't been the same. Ok, I'm partially kidding. But partially not. It is a four-book series, and I AM IN LOVE. I just started book two tonight and I have butterflies in my tummy thinking about what might happen next. WILL BELLA BECOME A VAMPIRE??

Aside from my freaky weirdness, our weekend has been good. Dan and I celebrated his birthday with many friends on Friday night. My husband is so loved. So many people came from all parts of the city to celebrate with him. It was a great night. Elijah was with Dan's mom through the night, so we felt like we didn't have a worry in the world! We have the most amazing, supportive friends and family.


I had a room reserved for us at the bowling alley we went to and when we arrived we noticed it was reserved for "Megan Ponta." That gave people many laughs.


These are some of our most awesome, favorite skydiving friends. We love you guys, and thank you so much for celebrating Dan's birthday with us!


This is my cutest cousin Ann Marie and me. Isn't she adorable?

Saturday we spent the day with Dan's parents and Grandma making Grandma's famous and excellent raviolis. It was an all-day affair, but totally worth the effort. Some day Dan and I would like to continue this yearly tradition with our own family. We ended up making 400+ raviolis, so we will enjoy these for the next few weeks.

Today I spent a lot of the day working. This upcoming week is going to be a rough one for me. Once it is done I will be the happiest woman alive! I'm not sure that I've ever been so stressed and pressed by a project at work in my 11+ years of being in the working world.

I have to share some cute Elijah things quick before I head to bed. He has been soooo funny lately. I wish I could get his whole life on tape, but it never works out that way. In the previous two weeks his gross motor development had really been blossoming. Now, it seems like his speech and other aspects are blossoming. Things never seem to blossom at the same time. Lately, he has conversations with his hands a lot. He will hold up a hand in front of his face and "talk" to it. It sounds like he is talking part Japanese and part German. Then his other hand will chime in, in a totally different language, maybe part Russian and part Chinese. His hands go back and forth in a heated conversation. He is so engaged when he does this. I wonder what in the world is going on in his little mind.


Mmmmmmmm, ice cream!

He says "BYYYYyyEE!" to everything. When we put the lid back onto his play-doh container or when we finish reading a book or when we put toys away or when we walk into another room......BYYYYEEEEEEee!!!!!


Sitting at Grandma's house, grinning the cheesy, beautiful grin.

Just today he started acting like he was afraid of Larry the Cucumber from Veggie Tales. WHAT?! He has loved Larry for his whole life! Now, whenever Larry talks (not sings), he reaches for Dan or me and wraps his arms around our necks as tight as he can. I hope he gets over this soon. Larry is his long-time friend!


Happy 30th, Dan!

There are so many more cute things to share, but I'm tired and I have a long week ahead so I must go to sleep. Thanks for checking in. We love and appreciate you all so much! Have a wonderful week. I now must go enter the vampire world before bed for a bit.

18 comments:

my life: said...

Crazy Mrs. Ponta....reading about Vampires!!! This must be big...it seems like I'm hearing this all over the place. (I'm so out of the loop(s!)
I am telling you...I long to smoosh that chub on your sweet baby...he is so yummy!!!!

My goodness...your husbands cake is on FIRE! :0)
Happy birthday!!!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun for Dans birthday bash. I love the "Megan Ponta". Too funny.

I too find it amazing that so many things are blossoming for Elijah at the same time. It never worked like that for us. Arianna always works on one thing at a time(speech, gross motor, eating...etc). He is just growing up so fast.

I was just watching Veggie Tales the other day and thinkin about Mr. Elijah. I hope he gets over his little scare soon. What would you do with no Veggie Tales?!?!?!

Sarah said...

Evan has major security issues as well. He still sleeps in our room and he has to have his leg touching mine or Eric's and his hand. If we move and he is not in a deep sleep he instantly wakes up and calls for us. He is never alone... never. If he needs to go get a toy from another room he runs to get it and runs back. Like you said... I don't blame him.

Anonymous said...

Better than just reading it (which I did...) tell me what the fascination with vampires is about?
Not just you-- but every female (and their mom)from 6th gr. - college.
Elijah is Soooo.... great!! Soon he'll verbalize HIS fort building plans to you!
love you guys!
paula, dad and jk

Samantha said...

Love all the pictures...I am so happy that you had a great weekend and that my adorable chubby boy looks SO HAPPY!!!! He is so cute Megan!!!

I cannot believe you got all those candles on that cake...that cracks me up!

I know that there is more I wanted to comment on...but my mind has forgotten...BIG surprise!!!

Much love,
Samantha

Tina:0) said...

Good Morning, Mrs. "Ponta"! I love it! You'd be suprised how easily a 4 letter name gets messed up, too!

Gabby did the same thing with all the sudden becoming afraid of the Veggies... he'll get over it just like she did though:0)

Glad you all had a good weekend. I just love that "cheesy" smile - too cute!

Give him big hugs from us!

PS - Happy Birthday, Dan!

mina said...

Glad to know that Dan had a great time on his birthday.

I love all the new pics of Elijah, he really is blossoming, isn't he? BYYYYyyyyyeeeeeeeee!

Tracy said...

I love the frog pj's too ... so cute!

ThePicks said...

Andrew and I LOVE the fact that Dan's bday cake looks like a ball of flames!! How cool is that??!!Holy candle action =)

Sorry we missed the bday party action friday night; Looks like it was a ton of fun! We look forward to spending this friday with you guys celebrating December birthdays!

Love,
The RA

Kathy said...

I'm glad you're alive...
glad the party was great...
glad Elijah is growing and loving on you guys...

I need to get that book and make Chris read it with me! (that would be nice teenage bonding time...I think)

Girl...good luck this week!!!
You'll do great!!!

Ann(ie) said...

*sigh*
Ravioli.
I'm coming over!!
And I dig those froggy pj's. Ben's going thru a ribbit phase, too. hehe.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great birthday with the family. I love the pics of Elijah what a cutie pie

nikki wood said...

I've just found your blog and am adding you to my page so I can read some more. My unborn son has been diagnosed with TOF, ASD, and possible pulmonary atresia among other things. I am scared and emotional, trying to find out as much as I can!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I love the pics...
and Happy Birthday Dan!!

You are so darling Megan...

mina said...

Hey Megan,

I hope you survived the week. Do you have time to post one or two new pics of your munchkin?

Mami Adame said...

Looks like you guys had fun at the party. I know I'm really late, but tell your hubby Happy Belated
Birthday!
So lots of girls have been reading the Twilight books. i finally gave in...and I'm hooked too! Its sad because its such easy reading that I go through them really fast when I have a chance! Makes me think of high school :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog via Google. My name is Megan Ponta - it was funny to see it in print on your blog, and even funnier is that people often misspell my name as Megan Porta! Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog via Google. My name is Megan Ponta - it was funny to see it in print on your blog, and even funnier is that people often misspell my name as Megan Porta! Have a nice day.