Friday, December 5, 2008

Really quick...

I wanted to post very quickly while I have a second. Today is my wonderful husband's birthday, so I thought I'd publicly say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAN! Thank you for loving me and for walking close by my side on this crazy journey. I would not have been able to go through such huge challenges with anyone but you. I love you and I hope you have a great birthday.

I have not had a single moment to read all of your blogs this week, so I apologize for that. It has been a totally insane week for me, and next week will be, too. I'll start getting back to normal on the 13th, when this project doesn't consume my life anymore.

There is one last cool thing I want to share while it is still fresh in my mind. Every once in a while I will have a vivid dream or a thought that I just KNOW has meaning. I had one this morning that was awesome. It wasn't really a dream. It was more like a picture I saw in my head that was connected to a bunch of vivid feelings and descriptions. The picture I saw was of Elijah as a 5(ish)-year-old, sitting in a room with another kid about his age who had some obvious physical challenges. The vivid feelings I had about this snapshot were that Elijah will probably need to be in some sort of special education classes, at least for a while, once he starts school. As I looked more closely at the picture, it made me genuinely happy to know this. I could see that he will be helping out the other kids in an immense way. I can't explain it very well, but there is something about his personality and spirit that will greatly benefit kids who have even greater challenges than he does and who may not be as accepted by the other kids. The next thought was that not only is this totally awesome, but that in the long run Elijah will be a much more accepting, non-judgmental person because of it all. It makes me so happy to have these positive images and thoughts in my head and on my heart.

I must go! Have a great weekend, everyone. xoxoxo

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that you share your intuitive wisdom. You are soooo connected. We look forward to celebrating tonight!

Anonymous said...

God is going to work great things through our little guy! We know it and believe! Thanks for confirming it.
Love you, honey--stay sane!
Dad, Paula and JK

Kathy said...

I'm SO a dream-believer. I'm glad to hear that you had one that was so sweet and with such meaning. (and...in my head..I'm just picturing Elijah "teaching" the class..somehow...I think he'll be In Charge of things when he's that age!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!!!
Hope you guys find time to party this weekend...Mexican food, cake, ice cream...and Elijah kisses...what a weekend!!!!

well..the 13th it is...see you then!

kathy

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Dan, You guys Enjoy your weekend together and eat lots of Cake:)

jencooper said...

Happy (late!) birthday Dan!! I hope that you had a terrific day with your wonderful family!

I hope that things calm down for you very soon! I know that it is so stressful.

I love your dream! I am such a believer in stuff like that. As a special ed teacher, I will say that I have some of the most AMAZING kids!

You are such an incredible woman!!

<3,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Dan!! Hope you had a wonderful day!

How cool was your dream. Elijah is destined to be a nurturing person. Just look at his momma!!! :)

Glad there's an end in sight for your craziness! Hang in there!

Lots of love,

Cindy

Samantha said...

happy birthday dan! hope you had a great time with your beautiful family.

megan...thanks for sharing the dream...i love to hear about the wonderful intuitions that you have...you and i are right there on the same page with that stuff ;)

much love,
samantha

Unknown said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday Dan!

I can so picture Elijah helpin other children. I had tears in my eyes just reading about it. He is such a sweet little boy.

Ann(ie) said...

Happy Belated Bday to your hubby, girlie. You guys have such a precious little family!!

Mami Adame said...

Wow, you inspire me to be more positive!