Sunday, December 14, 2008

Normalcy



Hello, we're here. I am so sorry for such few posts lately, for those of you who check in regularly on our chunky boy. My big project at work is DONE DONE. Ahhhhh. Dan and I went to the company Christmas party on Friday night and had a good time. I wanted to take some pics to share from that night but our camera batteries died. Ronda, you'll have to share with me! The rest of the weekend we have been hanging out at home, cleaning, doing laundry, sleeping, relaxing. Aside from Dan and Elijah both being sick, it has been really nice. It feels so nice not to have to work on the weekend!


This is a nativity scene that my stepmom gave me a few years ago. At first when we put it out, we wondered if Elijah would be too rough with it. He is actually very gentle with it. He likes to crawl over to it and point to Baby Jesus and the sheep and the shepherds and situate them how he likes and then he will just sit and look at it. (Look! The curls are back!)

Dan has a head cold and Elijah has a gunky nose. We are being extra careful and giving Elijah his nebs and running his vaporizer through the night in hopes of avoiding more croup. This Wednesday we have an appointment with his pulmonologist so it will be good to get insight from him. Next week is his cardiology appointment, which I always dread. We have no reason to think anything should be wrong, but it's always in the back of my head.



Elijah is such a funny little person and he makes us laugh constantly. This morning I walked into the living room to see him hugging and kissing the DVD case for Wall-E. He didn't care for the movie, but he certainly was smitten by his picture on the case. He is still saying "BYYYYYYEEEEeeee!" to everything. It is really the only word he uses appropriately, so it doesn't get old for us. I think it's cute that he feels he needs to say "bye" to the grocery store when we leave and the items in the cupboard when we shut the door and the books as we close them. He also knows some letters of the alphabet! We have his little alphabet books to thank for this. Each little book has a letter on it with pictures inside that start with that letter. He hands these to us constantly. His favorite letter is Q because one of the things inside the book is "quiet" and he likes it when I say the word really softly. Right now I am listening to Dan say, "Girl. Gate. Guitar." Elijah must have handed him the G book. I know I mentioned this before, but he has has these "conversations" with himself that crack us up. He uses inflection and almost every sound possible and speaks these alien sentences back and forth between his hands. It's almost as if his hands are his imaginary friends and they are talking back to him and talking to each other. When one of his hands "talks," the fingers move along with what he is saying. He also pretends to read books. He will stop at a page and jabber and then turn the page, jabber some more, and so on. When he's done, he shuts the book and says, of course, "BYYYYYYEEee!"

I better go save Dan. I hear a tantrum developing. I hope you all had a good weekend!

11 comments:

mina said...

Cute, cute! I love that those curls are back. Are you going to let them grow for a while?

Kathy said...

YEAH...
glad you're back to normal!
You'll have to show me what books you're talking about (a close up please)...they sound great!

Anonymous said...

Elijah is the smartest boy ---ever!
Talking, reading and who knows what's next...???
We're proud of you Eli!

Gramps and Grammie P.

Tina:0) said...

Yay, the CURLS are back! I love it & that grin is icing on the cake!

That junky nose stuff is going around again... Vaeh's had it for over a week:0( I'm hoping it goes away without any longterm effects.

Glad you're all doing well! Give that cutie pie hugs from us!

my life: said...

Our sweet boy!!! You know I love those curls. :0)
Glad everything is going well...other than the yucky nose.
:0(
So, So glad that the BIG project is Done...now you can relax and enjoy the holidays??? I hope :0)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I can just imagine you munching on that neck every chance you get...how could you not?!

Glad you got to hang out with your boys this weekend, but sorry there's some sickness going on! Hopefully everyone will be back on the road to recovery soon!

Glad the heavy workload has been lifted and you can have a little freedom again!

Love ya!

Cindy

Sarah said...

Good to hear from you and see pic's of that sweet boy. Yes... keep croup away!!! Hope your having a wonderful holiday season.

Unknown said...

We have the same Nativity scene as you do how funny...Glad things are getting back to normal. It is good to here from you. Have a great week.
BYYYYYYEEEEeeee



Karen

Unknown said...

I just smiled when I saw the title to your post. Normalcy is so nice!

I just love the curls! He looks so adorable playing with the nativity.

I too want to know what books your talking about. Arianna is so into the alphabet right now. We are teaching her to sign them and it's so cute to hear and watch.

Sounds like everyone is getting the nasty bug. We're finally on the mend and hope Dan and Elijah are too.

The Smith's said...

Oh my gosh, Elijah's smile is too precious. I know he (like ALL other toddlers) have their moments, but he sure looks like the sweetest boy ever. I'm glad you are able to have some nice, NORMAL family time right now during the holidays! My husband is on christmas break starting next week and Luke and I can't wait to have him home so much more!

Hope Dan and Elijah get over this bug quickly and it skips right over you!

Take care,
Jesse

Mami Adame said...

Yeay for Normalcy! Please do tell what books your talking about!