Tuesday, March 24, 2009

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

The week is going well for us. Elijah's cough is much better finally. I recently read through some of the posts I've written in the past few months and I was reminded how much sickness this kid has endured this winter. Actually, it started way back in August. I have been praying so hard for a break for him this spring and summer. His poor little body certainly deserves it.

Elijah has started saying "uh oh!" this week. It's really cute. I first noticed it when Larry the Cucumber ran into a wall (on tv, he wasn't in our living room) and Elijah let out a string of concerned uh-ohs.

He is still calling everyone and everything "Dada." Last weekend he called the nice young man behind the counter at the grocery store "Dada" and sufficiently freaked the poor guy out. He looked at me with wide eyes like, I don't know what he's talking about!

He is consistently making the sounds for all of the letters of the alphabet. It seems like that's all he does, which is great! We have two sets of alphabet books, an alphabet toy with letter magnets, different letter magnets on the fridge, letters in the tub, and the alphabet/sound song that we listen to constantly. I think we've got the alphabet covered in our house! Right now his favorite letter is S. The other night in the tub, he frantically searched through all of the toys and letters until he found it, and then he held onto it tightly for the remainder of bath time as he said, "Ssssssssssss." Last week he had this same relationship with the letter R. OOooo, I just realized that S comes after R! If next week's letter is T..

Dan and I continue to listen to a lot of whining and yelling and fake crying. It's sooo hard to ignore this behavior after hours of listening to it, but asking him to stop sends him into even bigger fits of whining. It's tough for me because I don't get a whole lot of time with him during the week, and most of the time he just wants for me to be near him. I started a new thing last week where I go straight to Elijah when I get home from work (after kissing gorgeous hubby, of course). I play with him and give him my full attention for a minimum of 30 minutes before I start making dinner. This has maybe helped to decrease the whining a little bit, but not a ton. I want him to know that I love my quality time with him and that I make it a priority, but that there are unfortunately other things to be done in the house besides playing.

We had to say goodbye to our beloved tv this week. The cost to fix it would just be too much to make it worth keeping. Dan especially loved that tv, so he is extra sad. So that makes FIVE appliances that have died on us within the span of a few months. Old Fridgey is still hanging in there. He's the only thing left from the original batch of appliances in the house.

That's all for now. Thank you for checking in!

5 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

"uh oh." I love it!!! Are they not the cutest? Ben says 'sure' all of the time these days. hehe.

Isn't a blast when everything breaks at once????? Been these. It truly sucketh.

Unknown said...

I am glad he is doing great..
Sounds Like Logan and Elijah are doing alot of the same things. Logan once in a while will say Ssssss meaning sissy for his sisters. and Dada he says to everyone he sees. Also Uh Oh when he is supposed to but alot of the times he just says uh ho to be saying it. Arn't they just the cutest when they start to say little words we get so excited over little things. Then when they start to talk we wish they hadn't started :) Hope you have a good week.

Kathy said...

ohh...
seriously...he's a smarty pants. My neice his age..with no heart defects or anything wrong..doesn't even know her alphabet and sounds...
i think he's a genius.
you should get his iq checked...

glad his cough is better...poor little thing...

Cecilia said...

I hope you can make a video when little Elijah says "Uh oh". He is seriously cute and sweet. Glad he is much better now.

Have a nice week!

il Dan said...

All tv sadness is replaced with excitement for a new one!