Tuesday, March 17, 2009

WHINE wine wine


Aren't these the cutest shoes? They are very flexible (and expensive!) to help Elijah with walking. I just love the colors and how fun they are.

Oh my, we have heard our share of whining these past few days. If Elijah wants anything in the world that he doesn't get, we hear, UHH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! It's something new for us, so we have had to really be on the same page about how to deal with this. So far, IGNORING it is best. Ugh. We haven't had a single dinner in the past week without at least two timeouts. It's ok, though. We are constantly being reminded how blessed we are. Our little boy has come such a long way and we love him so much. Normal toddler stuff is soooo welcome!

Elijah is still sick and coughing, with a runny nose. Poor guy. It just seems to get worse for him every day. Today he woke up with a red right eye and I thought for sure daycare would be calling me at work. Thankfully it cleared up and I received no calls! We need this little boy to get better. He has endured a whole lot of sickness this winter.

He has been doing some cute things lately. For the past month or two Dan and I have been regularly sitting down to eat with him at dinner, so we have been praying before each meal. For the past few weeks Elijah has been folding his hands and refusing to eat until we say a prayer. Then, five minutes later, he will request another prayer. Then, a few minutes later, another one. It's so sweet, and we never hesitate to pray with him. Our sweet boy.

He can say the sound of every letter in the alphabet now. If I ask him, "What letter does 'Mama' start with?" he will point to the letter M. If I say, "Apple," he will say "Ah ah ah." He has been randomly pointing at me and saying, "Mama" (sometimes it comes out as "Baba"), and pointing at Dan and saying, "Dada." Then he points at Bob the Tomato and says, "Bob" (sometimes it comes out as "Mom"). :) It's coming. He really is progressing well with his speech.

Thanks for checking in on us. Have a great week, everyone. Hugs and love to you all...xoxo

11 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

Those are some CUTE shoes!!!

mina said...

The shoes are adorable!

And enjoy the terrible twos. Someday you'll look back and talk fondly about them (at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself!)

Tina:0) said...

Sounds like you have a talker on your hands!!

Hope the sickies go away soon! Sending hugs!!

Sarah said...

Those shoes are the cutest ever! Hope Elijah feels better soon.

Kathy said...

Those are the cutest little shoes...

i hope they help him RUN all over your house...get ready!

and his praying...that boy couldn't get any sweeter...I know he just melts my heart..I can only imagine how gushy yours is!

my life: said...

Seriously? Can I send Grace to hang out with you for a bit??? Letters...no way! I was just telling my older kids that I feel sorry for Grace...when they were little...we had 3 close in age, so our house was all toddler. Now, she is in a pre-teen house! It takes more effort to think "toddler"! :0)

The Smith's said...

Our little praying men! How cute is THAT?! Isn't it so great when our kids teach US? I so wish we lived closer so Elijah and Luke could play (and pray! =) together...

Have a great day!
Jesse

Cecilia said...

Adorable little shoes!

Wishing little Elijah a speedy recovery! Hugs and kisses xoxo

Corrie said...

Those are some great looking shoes! And I'm very impressed with the whole alphabet thing... What a smart little guy you have there :)

Unknown said...

I love the shoes, Boy is Elijah testing you what a little stinker.
I am sorry to hear he is not feeling well again. I hope he gets better real soon. That is so great he can say the whole Alphabet you will have to record it and post on your blog.

ThePicks said...

I dig the new shoes; good stuff! Now Elijah's going to be off to the races!