Monday, March 2, 2009

Blur

Wow, what a quick and busy weekend! Dinner with friends on Friday night was fabulous. It was so nice to see everyone after a long, cold, skydive-less winter (that is not yet over).

We spent Saturday morning with Elijah and then brought him to my sister's house. She conveniently lives two miles from my favorite ski resort in MN, so we drove over to Welch Village and skied for the afternoon. Aaaahhh, it felt so good to have skis on my feet again. We had a really fun day. The weather was perfect, low-twenties and sunny, the snow was fabulous and I even got to see some old friends of mine from when I worked there who I haven't seen in YEARS. We picked Elijah up at Auntie Lissa's when we were finished and went home and crashed. We were exhausted!

Yesterday we laid low, went to meet the gorgeous new little baby of some friends of ours, and had a nice quiet day together.

Elijah's cough is still hanging around, but it is getting better little by little. Yesterday morning he woke up with this level of energy that I have NEVER seen in him before. He was EVERYWHERE, all over the house, babbling like crazy, getting into everything.. My head was spinning! But, I loved it. I've prayed for this energy so many times in the past two years. THANK GOD for my spunky little energetic boy.

March is our last month of doctor freedom. In April we have cardiology, urology, pulmonology and genetics. It will be good to get them all over with, but I just hate anticipating the appointments. For now I'll focus on the March freedom and pray for an early Spring, too!

Have a good week, everyone! Thanks for checking in on our little monkey man.. xo

7 comments:

Kathy said...

beautiful and in the 20s...what?!?!

you're giving me the goosebumps!

I'm glad your little man has found some energy that he's been hiding...that should make for ONE FUN WEEK!
I hope his cough goes away and he sleeps like a sweet little baby doll.

mina said...

Great to hear what Elijah is up to. I hope the cough goes away soon. And enjoy your month of freedom, sounds like April is going to be a busy one!

Unknown said...

Nice weekend! Glad you all had a blast.

We had our February fill of doctors and it's not fun anticipating those but E will do great!

Cecilia said...

Glad your weekend was great!

Hope your little man's cough goes away a.s.a.p.!

Have a nice week!

Ehlan said...

I keep reading, but rarely have time to comment! I'm glad to hear you guys are doing good--good luck with doctors next month! Happy 2 years Elijah! Can you believe we have 2 year olds!!

Unknown said...

I hope spring comes fast for ya'll. I had to turn my Air on today, it was 78 in my house. Sending warmth your way, can you feel it yet :)

Enjoy March Freedom, I will be praying every thing goes fine for Elijah.

Lots of hugs Karen

Anonymous said...

Glad Elijah is making you nuts being a spunky little man! That's a wonderful thing. I always say I'm so thankful Jacob is here to drive me crazy!

Hope his cough goes away soon.

Enjoy your doctor free month of March!

Sending lots of love,

Cindy