Friday, February 27, 2009

I like low-key

We have had a pretty low-key week. Elijah's cough gets a little bit better every day. He still coughs in the night here and there, but it's just something we've gotten used to (sadly). One of the things E's pediatrician said last week was that he is probably just going to be one of these kids who gets croup and the coughies constantly until he's five years old. Wonderful! It could be worse.. so, we'll take it without too much complaining..

Yesterday's crazy snow storm kept us from going to PT/speech. He did get his home PT visit on Wednesday, and that went well. They are always so amazed at how much information is in his little head that he just isn't able to express yet. They had some really good ideas for us to get him to communicate better that I'm excited to try.

We have a super fun weekend ahead of us. Tonight Dan and I have a babysitter coming over to sit with Elijah while he sleeps so we can go meet some skydiving friends for dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It's been quite a while since we've seen some of them, so it will be fun to catch up. Tomorrow we are bringing the little man down to my sister's in the afternoon so we can go skiing for a couple hours. Back before I was a mama I used to ski all the time, so this is really exciting for me. It has been THREE YEARS since I've been on the slopes. That is way too long! I'm going to be all wobbly-legged and sloppy. Sunday will be a day of rest (since my old, weak legs will surely be sore), spent with my wonderful little family.. I hope you all have a great weekend!

p.s. My friend Cara's niece, Ellie, passed away this week after battling brain cancer for ten months. Please send up a little prayer for her family.. :(

7 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

I love skiing and the ol' spaghetti factory!! That sounds like big fun, girl!!! Have a blast. So sorry for your friend and her neice...how sad. :( Makes me remember to count my blessings. prayers en route, girlie.

mina said...

Sounds like a busy, fun weekend.

Sorry to hear about your friend's niece.

Kathy said...

Have a fun weekend.

I am sorry for your friend and her niece...we will remember them in our prayers.

Cecilia said...

Glad to hear Elijah's cough is getting better everyday.

Hope you have a fun filled weekend!

Sorry about your friends loss of her niece!

Unknown said...

Old Spaghetti Factory they have really good food, I hope you guys had a nice time out with your friends.
Snow we are in the low 70's around here. I will send some warmth your way ok.
Hope the rest of your weekend is fun.

Take Care Karen

jencooper said...

I hope that you had a terrific weekend. I am sorry that I have been non-exsistent this week. It has been a crazy week and I have had no computer time at home.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. I will be praying for them.

<3,
Jennifer

Sarah said...

It has been forever since I've been to the Spaghetti Factory! Spimoni Ice cream, mmmm.. Skiing - never done that but hope you had fun.
So sorry to hear about your friends neice.