Friday, February 6, 2009

Honest scrap



I don't normally do these awards things, but this one is fun and I just love Amber so much and she is the one who gave this to me and I have been a blabbermouth anyway lately, so..

The rules: Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. Then, list at least 10 honest things about yourself.


I'll start out with 10 things about Elijah since he is way more interesting than I am..

1. He likes to put his finger to his puckered lips and say HMMmmmmmmmm, like he's thinking really hard about something. He knows this is funny for us, so he does it a lot and I love it.

2. He is and has always been a poster child for good nighttime sleeping. Naps are another story.

3. He has made more progress with gross motor skills in the last 4 months than in the 20 months prior to that.

4. He has a funny toe. It's the one next to his pinky toe on his left foot. It sticks out at a weird angle and looks like it got put on the wrong person. I think it's cute.

5. He gets super excited when we tell him "last bite!" This is so exciting to him that sometimes it's hard to get the aim right and his last bite ends up on his sleeve.

6. He does not like people touching his feet. Ever! I think this is most likely the pulse oximeter's fault.

7. He likes to sit on the floor in the bathroom and open and shut the door. Every time it opens, he says HIIIiiiiii! and every time it closes he says BYYyyyyee! Repeat a thousand times. It never gets old.

8. He thinks Dan's belly button is fascinating. He plays peek-a-boo with it.

9. He has had two open heart surgeries, five heart caths, one bronchoscopy and one hypospadias repair, and we're praying hard for an entire year of no surgeries.

10. He yells HIIiiiiii! from his crib in the morning when he thinks it's time to get up. Even at 5:20, I think this is the cutest thing and I always let out a giggle.

11. I have to add one extra...He is LOVED.


My blog choices are all heart mama blogs (of course)..

Hollie's blog Walking the Fine Line...
This woman is AMAZING. I'm pretty sure I don't know a single human being who has had to endure more than she has. She works extremely hard for her two children. Her youngest has been in a hospital or care facility for her entire first year of life! Her blog will make you laugh and cry and hug your family more tightly.

Kathy's blog, Rollers in Vegas...
I love Kathy. She happens to be the kindest, most genuine person on the planet. We got to meet her and her family last summer in person and they are just an amazing little family. Little baby Isaac, her youngest, is just the cutest, sweetest thing. Kathy's blog will make your head spin. Their lives are full of lots of action!

Jennifer's blog, Home of the Four Trans...
I always love reading Jennifer's blog because she is such an eloquent writer. She forms perfect sentences out of jumbled thoughts from my brain that I am unable to form into coherence. Her little Justin is such a cute little chubby baby! I admire the love that Jennifer has for her family and the way that she expresses it.

Amber's blog, What's New With the Baker Family?...
Amber has little heart baby Grace, among three other cuties. She and her husband also foster children and open their hearts up to any child in need. Amber has a heart spilling with love. Her blog always has depth that I just love. It always pushes me to live a better life. Plus, seeing photos of that sweet little Grace face always makes me smile.

Krista's blog, The Layman Scoop...
I've been following Krista's blog since her little angel Kate fought for her life and eventually went up to heaven. Despite their struggles, she and her husband and son have continued to live faithful, fulfilled lives and not many people have inspired me more than they have.

Janes's blog, Ramona Mae...
Jane is another one who takes thoughts out of my brain and puts them into lovely typed words on a computer screen for me to read. Her little Ramona is such a special little girl, filled with so much sweetness! I love the simplicity and the strength I feel while reading Jane's blog.

Andrea's blog, Heart to Heart...
Andrea has little heart kiddo Drew and spunky little Ava. Drew has had a few long hospital stays but he is such an energetic little man now. I love reading about this family's adventures. They are such a motivated, energetic family, always on the go and always helping out others in need. Andrea has a huge heart and her blog is so honest...and FUN.

3 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Okay, so even though you don't usually do these... I gave you another one:0)

my life: said...

I'm glad you played!!! They aren't my favorite either...I usually break out in a cold sweat..wondering...do I have to accept and pass it on???? :0)
(but since I do...I'll put the cute ones on my side bar! ha)

I loved seeing the tiny baby pic of E on FB...seriously...I think I'm in love with him. He is such a pumpkin!!!! I loved the 11 things about him. :0)

Ann(ie) said...

awwww...I love your blog. VERY well deserved award!!