Friday, February 20, 2009

Two amazing years!

Before we had Elijah, I wondered if having a baby would interfere with life in a way that would make me want my baby-less life back. Dan and I love to travel and we love to get out and do fun things and I wondered if those things would come to a dead halt and make me sad. For a few months after Elijah was born our life was certainly put on hold, but that was to be expected. Turns out, once the newborn fog lifted, we were still able to travel and we still find time to get out and do things that we enjoy. And I must say, it is all much much sweeter now because we know to appreciate it in a way that we never knew before. Vacation before was fun. Vacation now is AMAZING. We have had to give up a lot of our spontaneity, but that is such a small price to pay for the new wonderful things that have spilled into our lives.

I'm so happy that we decided and were able to become parents. I could never have fathomed the weight of the following words before we had our little Elijah: The things I have learned! It's like I was roaming around the world half-blind before February 20, 2007, with half a heart and half a brain. I just wish I would have met Dan sooner so we could have twelve kids! I'm kidding.

Elijah, thank you for changing my life in the best way I could have ever imagined. Thank you for making me a better person. Thank you for showing me how fulfilling it is to live life with someone else's best interest as my first priority. I love you like crazy. Happy second birthday, sweet boy!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I am so happy to be the first to write HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIJAH!

We wish you all a great day!

Amy, Mitch, and Wilson

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday to such a special, wonderful little boy!

Cecilia said...

Happy Second Birthday to a sweet, cute and special little miracle boy, Elijah! Lots of love from Cecilia

Andrea said...

Wishing Elijah a very happy 2nd birthday! And congratulations to mom & dad on two years of being awesome parents!

The Willaerts said...

Happy number 2 Elijah! Blessing you richly today! Love Cara

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina:0) said...

Happy Birthday, Elijah!!!

<3 Vaeh:0)

(Jon, Tina & Gabby, too!)

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Elijah!!!

One hundred more to go!!

Hollie said...

Happy Birthday Hugs to Elijah from all of us! Hope your day is filled with fun, and lots of hugs and kisses!
Love,
Hollie, Ben and Elaina

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Happy birthday Lil stud muffin!!!
Heres to 100 more just like this one! Birthdays that is!

Ann(ie) said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET ELIJAH!!

Sending BIG hugs and LOTS of love,

Cindy

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to such a sweet little boy!