Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ups and downs amidst the balance

It has been a weird day for me emotionally. Lots of things running through my head. Little Ellie isn't doing very well, and her family is under a lot of stress. Every time I think about them I start to cry. Please keep them all in your prayers.

Then thoughts of Elijah's birthday (tomorrow!) pop into my head and my mood swings to pure happiness and I get butterflies in my tummy. I start to cry again, but this time for happy reasons.

Then I think of something else that has been weighing on my heart that I'm having a hard time understanding, and I get sad again.

So it's been an emotional day. Tomorrow will be better, much better. I can't believe we will be celebrating our little boy's SECOND birthday! Time has gone so fast, yet we feel like we've lived a decade in that amount of time. We wrapped up some fun gifts for Elijah, so he will get to open those tomorrow night. I think we will take him out to eat after work as a little treat. Saturday we are having a few close friends and family over for a little celebration (that I haven't even begun to plan or clean for yet...yikes!).

Elijah has still been doing a lot of coughing. He isn't sleeping well still, so he's been pretty tired and whiny and clingy. He's still the cutest, sweetest little thing, though. And he is still MADLY IN LOVE with his new truck/cars. Like, obsessed.

Aside from today's ups and downs, we have felt really balanced as a family lately. Dan and I have decided to start eating well and exercising regularly, and the good emotional changes that have come from these things have positively affected other areas of our lives, as well. We just seem to be more motivated and spiritual and consistent and positive and our moods have been better in general. I feel like I have the perfect balance of things in my daily life. Well, I'd replace some work time with Elijah time if I could, but that's not an option. Other than that, everything feels really good for us right now. Thank you, God!

Check back in this weekend for birthday pics!!

4 comments:

Corrie said...

Wishing your little guy a VERY happy 2nd birthday!!!

mina said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!

Hoping that tomorrow really is a better day in every way possible. Sending some positive vibes your way......

Kathy said...

Oh Elijah...
Have a SUPER DUPER Birthday tomorrow!
(uhh...I need to get my truck in the mail!)

That's so cool that you and Dan are eating good and exercising together. I LOVE exercising with Joe...but, how do you eat good? Like, I just ate dinner...and I'm thinking..I'd love to eat a bowl of cereal now. (what's wrong with me??)

I hope you have a great day tomorrow Megan! YOU did it...YOU and DAN worked so hard to get Elijah to this 2nd birthday!!! Party HARD!!!

Cecilia said...

I hope you will be feeling much better now. Have a great time with Dan and Elijah on your little miracle man's second birthday.