Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Apparently all I have to do is express worry

Since my eating revelation last week, we have been putting an alternate and usually undesirable (to Elijah) food item on his plate next to the rest of his meal. We want him to get used to having a variety of foods offered to him in hopes that he will eventually try them. Last night's alternate item was some leftover chicken pot pie that we had made on Sunday. I thought for sure he would crinkle up his nose, but he dug right in! Dan and I stared at each other in total disbelief. He ate a good chunk of it, which included CHICKEN (!!), carrots (no surprise there), peas, celery and crust. WOW! Then he ate all of his spaghettios, veggies and yogurt that was meant for his main dish. We had some friends over, so we had ordered pizza and the adults were sitting around the table eating that. Elijah pointed at the pizza with passion, so we gave him a few bites. Two seconds later, he was asking for more and more and more, and he preferred pieces with pepperoni chunks on them. Apparently it pays off to offer all kinds of food on a regular basis and to relax a little bit.. :) I should write a book! I'll title it "BACK OFF!"


I still haven't taken any new pics, so I'll share some very old ones since I've been nostalgic lately in anticipation of the big second birthday..


Minutes after birth, at a tiny little 4 lb 14 oz


A few days old, resting in the NICU


One month old! My little fuzzy-haired monkey man.


Two months old


Three months old. This was taken just after he was extubated after his first surgery.


Four months old and two weeks after open heart surgery.


Seven months old, wearing an old outfit of Dan's..


Nine months old, donning a speedo..

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Our kids...
geez!

and only Elijah would be bright eyed and smiling when they just took a tube out of his mouth! seriously..how stinkin' cute is he??

and I LOVE his old monkey man pictures...with his fuzzy hair.

Ann(ie) said...

that lil man is getting cuter by the day....I tell you....didn't think it was possible since he was so cute to begin with!!! I'm lovin that lil speedo pic, too. hehe. AND good idea on the food...I'm trying it!

mina said...

Phew! What a relief it must be that Elijah is back to chowing down! I love those photos, my favorite has to be the 1 month one!

Samantha said...

YAY Elijah...so now you just need to make a buffet for the child and let him pick and chose what he desires that day :)

I love looking at the old pictures...it is fun to see how much they have changed, but how much he is really the same...you can see how much he looks like "him" in the first picture...it is crazy :)

Love the book idea...perfect title!

Love ya!
Samantha

Unknown said...

ohhhh he is so cute, thanks for sharing all the photos.

Have a good week.

Cecilia said...

Elijah is cute and sweet as always, I love all the photos. Cheers!