Sunday, February 1, 2009

Plunge!

First of all, let me say that Elijah was a MONSTER today. I've never had a more abnormal day with my little boy. He whined constantly if I was more than two feet away from him. He had about nineteen tantrums. He sat in his timeout spot about eleven times. He hit mommy and/or daddy on the face about....eleven times. UGHGHghh! I don't know if he is just tired, or what, but he went to bed early and we hope it is just sleep deprivation??

Yesterday Dan and I joined some good friends of ours, Mike and Julie, in plunging into the freezing cold lake to support a good cause, the Special Olympics of Minnesota. It was something we will never forget. Brrr! The pain only lasted a few seconds.


Mentally preparing for plunging....


WHAT are we doing?


We could run away now. No one would ever know....




HI! Here we go!!


Running to the plunge..


There go Mike and Julie!


Here we go....


WWWowooooooowowwhwoooowowwwww!!!!!


That was CCCCCCCOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLDDLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

mina said...

Brrrrrrr, I could never imagine doing that! Hoping Elijah is a happier little guy tomorrow.

Samantha said...

You are so crazy!!! But...you and Dan are great people...I am glad that you survived the cold...way to go friend! I am proud of you! Wish I could say I would do it...I am thinking not :)

Much love!
Samantha

Unknown said...

You are so crazy, I do not know if I could do something like that.
Wait I know I could not!



Karen

Sarah said...

That is awesome. We have the Polar Bear plunge into the Ohio River here in Louisville. It is dang cold... they have hot tubs for you to jump in as soon as you get out. Crazy cold.

Cecilia said...

You are very brave to take a dip in that icy water.

I hope Elijah improves his temper soon because he is such a cute little boy.

Anonymous said...

You guys are crazy! Glad to hear you had a nice trip and that Elijah is doing so well.

Love,
The Domanico's

Kathy said...

I wish I was half as brave as you guys are!!
you're giving me goose bumps!!!

Unknown said...

You guys are crazy!!!!

But seriously that is way cool that you did that.

Mami Adame said...

Wow! Glad it was for a good cause!