Friday, March 27, 2009

Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecchhhh

It's funny how perspectives and personal styles and perceptions of the world around us change over time. For the first time in a long long time, I dug down into the bowels of this blog and read a lot of the entries surrounding Elijah's birth and first surgery, both of which were about two years ago. I was reading through it as if someone else had written it, and I was so super annoyed by the writer. I kept thinking, who is this annoying woman? I used such cheesy, dumb words and phrases, weird punctuation, totally incorrect medical terminology (while acting like I knew what I was talking about), and everything was the most dramatic thing in the world. So, thank you, friends and family, for enduring the annoying writings of Megan and for sticking with us through that. I hope I am no longer like nails on a chalkboard. Actually, maybe I should be glad I am so annoyed by it. Maybe it just signifies positive change in myself. Or something like that.

There was a cute worthwhile thing I wanted to write about quick! Dan said he was listening to a song the other day at home that had the word "God" in it. After Elijah heard that word, he folded his hands in prayer. My heart turned into mush when Dan told me this.

Today is Friday! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

my life: said...

Oh friend...NEVER look back. :0)
I feel the exact same way *most do I'm sure*. Should I feel convicted by that...concerning my recent post? A part of me wants to...just in case my point was misunderstood.

BTW...this is exactly why I DON'T scrapbook *anymore*...you think it looks good, until two years later... :0)

mina said...

Change is good, but looking back gives you perspective.

Heart surgery IS dramatic, but it's also the smaller everyday things that keep us entertained. So precious that Elijah folded his hands in prayer. What a smart, sweet boy!

Cecilia said...

Megan, I enjoy very much following your blog because you are such a honest and good writer. I am happy for the positive changes in yourself.

I bet Elijah looks super cute when he folded his little hands in prayer.

Enjoy your weekend!