Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blankets and buckets


Before you call Child Protection Services on us, the bucket gave him plenty of room to breathe and we were watching him closely. :)


I had put the bucket on my head as a hat, and he insisted that I put it on his, too. I thought for sure he would freak out, but he thought it was the coolest thing.


I came home the other day to find that the boys had made a mini-fort in the living room. Elijah, being the security-loving fella that he is, TOTALLLY DUG IT. He loves having safe objects snugly surrounding him.


He's banging so fast on his drum that his arms are blurred! He really is so good with his hands. He handles the drumsticks surprisingly well.


Just getting done saying "BOB! (the tomato)" here. Check out the amazing blankie!

I ran across a blog a while back that deeply touched me. This family. Wow, they have been through a lot. They have lost six babies in utero, and have had a couple adoptions fall through at the last minute. They were blessed with a little boy from Russia, and love him to pieces, but they desperately want a sibling for him. They don't have the energy to attempt another pregnancy and they don't have the resources to fund another adoption. A few people have decided to help them out..

One of the generous companies helping them is called allyzabba.com. They make beautiful baby blankets, and they have agreed to give 30% of every order to this couple's adoption fund (you have to click on the above link in order to have a portion donated to the adoption fund. you can't just go in through their home page.). Let me tell you, these blankets are AMAZING. We bought one for Elijah, as seen in the pics, and it is the softest, most comfy thing I have ever felt. I'm tempted to buy one for myself!

If you're not in need of a baby blanket, you can also donate money to their fund through their blog.

I'm not pressuring anyone to help this couple. Everyone has different things that touch them and that move them to reach out. Only do it if it is in your heart.

I saw these two quotes on another blog this week and they perfectly fit what has been on my heart lately..

“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” - Albert Einstein

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
- Gandhi


Look at that sweet boy. Mmmmm, I love him.

5 comments:

my life: said...

I love him too!!!!! Muah!

You KNOW I have a weakness for blankies....and families! I'm off to look...

You have such a good heart...we are all lucky to know ya. ;-)

mina said...

I think I have a picture of Bilal with a bucket over his head like that:)

Ooo, I wish I could reach in to that computer screen and feel the blankie, it looks soooo soft. You're such a giving person, Megan!

Tina:0) said...

I won't call CPS on you, if you won't call them on me! Vaeh has this thing where she gets in my drawer (she's getting so tall!) & puts a gallon size ziplock baggie on her head - UGH!!! All these toys in the house, & she goes for the kitchen supplies! Go figure...

He's getting sooo BIG! Make sure to sneak in a kiss on those yummy cheeks for me:0)

Cecilia said...

I love little Elijah too, just wanna give him a big hug and kiss!

Megan, you have a heart of gold. I will tell my friends and family about the website.

Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

I just love the bucket on the head! Jacob has one in the car and he just sits in his carseat watching a movie while I'm driving down the road. Silly boys!

Hopefully the whining and fake crying phase will pass quickly. I didn't even realize it, but ours seems to be passing already. Now if I could just stop him from hitting us to express his anger we'd be ok!

The baby blanket looks so cute and snuggly. I have a friend having a baby, so I'm going to look into that!

Give the little man a big hug and kiss from me!

Love ya,

Cindy