Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dreams


Do you like Elijah's unintentional Zac Efron hair 'do?

Around 3:00 this morning, Elijah woke up screaming bloody murder. It was one of those alarming screams that would send any parent flying out of bed in about a half a second. When I got to him, he was on his hands and knees in his crib and he was trembling. He stopped screaming once I picked him up, but continued to shake and whimper for a bit as I rocked him back to sleep. Obviously he was having some sort of nightmare or night terror. It makes me so sad to think that bad thoughts are already running through his little two-year-old brain. I keep wondering what he could have been dreaming about. Was Larry the Cucumber attacking him with a hairbrush? Was a doctor chasing him with an enormous needle?

At least I got to rock him back to sleep, which is something I haven't done in a while. He's getting so big that it's hard to get us both situated comfortably in the rocking chair. Elijah, stop growing up!!

I guess the bad dreams shouldn't surprise me since Dan and I are both crazy vivid dreamers. I can still remember some bad dreams I had as a very little girl in vivid detail. It looks like Elijah is following in my footsteps.


This has been happening in our house a lot lately. Elijah loves playing his "'tar" while singing to his animal friends (who are very good listeners).


Chattin' on the phone while checking some things out on the computer.

p.s. H1N1 vaccinations STILL not available. PATIENCEPATIENCEPATIENCEPATIENCE.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

I"m still looking too...
thanks for the picture fix...he's so stinkin' cute.

He's such a smarty pants.
those dreams scare me too...isaac is the same way. I have woken him up before when i've heard him wimpering in his sleep...

what are you guys doing for thanksgiving??

Tina:0) said...

OMG - he totally works the Efron hair-do!!

I know what you mean about your little one screaming in the middle of the night... I'm up in one swoop & at either one of my girls' bedside!

Praying the bad dreams/ night terrors go away soon, & that you're able to get the vaccine soon!

Unknown said...

Love the Hair do cutie pie.


Logan is the same way except he does not stop screaming when I pick him up he continues to scream his head off.

Hope he will have sweet dreams tonight.

I just want to reach throught this screen and give him a big hug and kiss.

The Domanicos said...

Beautiful pictures-Elijah is just absolutely adorable! I really can't get over how healthy he looks. We will be praying for you all to get through that cath and for good results as well. There are no H1N1 vaccines here either...what is with that?

jencooper said...

Come to Texas!! We have the vaccines here!! We love company!!

Thanks for the photo fix. That kid is seriously adorable.

I wonder the same thing about dreams. I wish they could tell us what had them so freaked out.

<3,
Jennifer

Sarah said...

It is crazy how some have easy access to vaccines and some don't. Come visit - we have all got our shot. There have been clinics set up all over at no cost. At first it was only for certain age groups and health concerns but we have all been able to get it now. I hate when Evan dreams like that! The picture of Elijah singing to his animals reminds me so much of my little guy.

Sarah said...

It is crazy how some have easy access to vaccines and some don't. Come visit - we have all got our shot. There have been clinics set up all over at no cost. At first it was only for certain age groups and health concerns but we have all been able to get it now. I hate when Evan dreams like that! The picture of Elijah singing to his animals reminds me so much of my little guy.

my life: said...

LOVE the hair...however, it makes him look grown up! :0(
The shot...you could come here and at least get the first one...probably no boosters available...but they feel good about the coverage.
Is he still getting synagis?

boo for bad dreams...maybe it's the moon, I've been having bad ones too!

Cecilia said...

Elijah is cute and adorable as always! I love those pictures!

Hopefully no more nightmares for your little man.

Hugs and kisses to Eli xoxo