Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Where's Elijah?

Can you spot Elijah in this calendar spread? This is something Saving Little Hearts puts together every year to honor people with Congenital Heart Disease. Elijah made the January spread!



Elijah caught a teeny tiny little cold this week that I wouldn't even classify as a sickness. He has a very mildly congested nose and we hear maybe 2-3 little coughs per day. Nothing that has disturbed any of his sleep, thank goodness.

He has had a particular fondness for books this week. The second I get him out of bed in the morning, he says, "Go see books!" So we head out to the loft and read/flip through his favorites: his Moses book, his Froggy books and his Jane in the Jungle book. Usually when I get home from work, this is also the first thing he wants to do with me, which I love!

His speech is improving by unbelievable leaps. He can pretty much verbalize anything he wants, and this is WONDERFUL. He has even started saying some funny things, like, "EEewww!" when he doesn't want to eat something, or "'Ank oo, Mom" whenever I hand him something. MOM?! That sounds so grown-up! At least he is being consistently polite.

I noticed an unsettling popping noise that Elijah's right knee makes when he is sitting with crossed legs and pushes down on his knee. It doesn't seem to bother him, so I am going to put it on the back burner until the next time we talk to his ped. Please God, BE NOTHING!

That's all for now! I wanted to get a quick midweek update out before the week got too busy.

6 comments:

Tina:0) said...

OMG, Megan!! Elijah & Vaeh are in the same row!! She's at the other end... 4th from the right;0)

I can't wait to get my copy of the calendar!

Hope you guys stay healthy & that cough goes away!!

jencooper said...

Super cute!! Look at those little cutie pies!!

I am so happy that Elijah is a reader. So am I!! I have tried to get my kids on board with reading...and thankfully they love it!

Have a terrific weekend!!

Unknown said...

I think it is so neat that both Elijah and Vaeh made the same calendar, that is so awesome.

I hope Elijah does not get any sicker and stays healthy. Prayers coming your way.

And he loves books that is great. Logan does to but he just eats them :)

Cecilia said...

Elijah is seriously cute, as always! So happy for your little man's great progress in speech & walking!

Have a good week!!!

Sarah said...

Evan made the August spread! I love hearing about Elijah's new words! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

mina said...

Hope the cold is better soon. The calendar pic is precious!