Sunday, November 22, 2009

Kickus!



We have been in partial Christmas mode this weekend. We got out our lights and have been playing some festive music and Elijah can't stop saying, "Kickus tweee!" which is his way of saying he wants a Christmas tree. :) Next weekend, little one! We also put our Operation Christmas Child boxes together, which is always so much fun. I can't wait until Elijah gets excited about doing these. Maybe next year.



An exciting thing happened today. Considering we have not been working on potty training at all with Elijah, it's very exciting, actually. He went poopy in his diaper and then said, "Poop, Mama! Potty chair!" So we went and sat on the potty chair. Granted, the poop had already happened, but at least we know the potty-toilet connection is being made. I guess it shouldn't be a huge surprise to me that Elijah has just decided to start this process on his own.



"Kickus" is one of my favorite Elijah words right now. I also love that he says "coco-gut" for "coconut" and "hack-ock" for "hammock."



We are going to enjoy what is left of our evening before the week begins. At least this week is a short week! It's also a week for being thankful for the many blessings in our lives. Have a great week, everybody.

9 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Okay, how could anyone resist that face?!! He is just too darn cute! Isn't it so much fun hearing new words & then translating for others:0)

Hope you have a great short weekend & enjoy Thanksgiving! Give that little guy big hugs from us!

jencooper said...

We got our kickus stuff out today! I can't wait to start decorating!!

I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!!

<3,
Jennifer

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love it . . .Kickus . . . so precious and the pictures - priceless. I'm thinking they'd make some pretty nice Cards! Loving You, Cara

Cecilia said...

I can't believe "Kikus" is around the corner!

Love those pictures, just want to smooch that cute little face.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Have a great week!

Kathy said...

Girl...I'm glad you found cammy!!!

That Elijah cracks me up!!! and KNOWING what a potty chair is. seriously Megan....you're making me SO jealous. I'm afraid that Isaac will be in adult depends before we EVER consider training him.
yuck...that's all i have to say about that!

Have a GOOD short work week and enjoy some good food this week. I made pies last night and I'm working on sweet potatoes today....wish I could send them over to you!

hug your peanut tight for me!!!
kathy

Tracy said...

Keep those pics coming ... Elijah is so cute! I just can't get enough of him! Must be so fun to see him excited about "kickus".

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Elijah always makes me smile!

Unknown said...

kickus already, We get ours out the day after Thanksgiving I cannot wait I love kickus..

He is just so sticken cute I love all the photos.

Wendy said...

Hi Megan,

I LOVE the photos of Elijah and the Christmas lights! They are just too precious!

We're excited for Christmas, too....and we also just turned in our shoe boxes! (Is there anything more fun? The boxes are never big enough to fit everything I want to put in there!!!)

It sounds like Elijah is just talking up a storm. Way to go, Big Boy!!! And thinking about the potty, too?! Wow! I'm so impressed! Maybe he could share that thought with Emma? :)

Well, I need to go and get Donnie up for school....have a great Thanksgiving, and thank you for being such a blessing in our lives. I don't know what I'd do without my heart friends.

Lots of Love & Prayers,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmanicole