Thursday, November 12, 2009

Quick week!

Elijah got his H1N1 vaccination on Tuesday! YAY!

He is almost completely back to his usual spunky self after having a heart cath on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday were sluggish, still-puffy and fluid-eliminating days for him. He woke up both of those mornings with saturated pajamas and bedding. I felt like a horrible mom, but he did not complain once through the night and this has never happened before. We checked him a few times throughout the night last night and he was dry this morning, thankfully. I guess his body had some extra fluid to eliminate for a couple days!

We are heading to our "It takes two to talk" class tonight. Elijah gets to hang out in a room full of toys and kids while Dan and I will be next door learning about ways to effectively communicate with him. Every time we leave at the end of the night, Elijah yells, "BYE FENZ!" about 97 times. He's saying goodbye to his friends! :)

Remember my story about Bobby the Bird from Jungle Junction/physical therapy? Well Elijah's awesome therapists ran across a miniature Bobby the Bird beanie bag and they gave it to him yesterday to take home with him. He was SO EXCITED. He looked at it and said, "BABY BOBBY!?" and then looked down at the big version of Bobby (who still comes with him wherever he goes when he's at therapy) and said, "DADDY BOBBY!" Baby Bobby slept with him last night and this morning when I got Elijah out of bed he gave me a concerned look and said, "Daddy Bobby." I wonder if Baby Bobby is missing his daddy?

I almost don't even believe what I'm about to say because it seems like it just cannot be true, but we get Dan ALL WEEKEND! It has been a long summer/fall of him working most weekends, so I plan to cherish my weekend time with him for these next few months.

That's all for now! Thank you a ton, all of you who sent up prayers for our little boy earlier this week.

4 comments:

Cecilia said...

I've been thinking of you guys. Glad to know Elijah is getting better.

Have a lovely weekend with Dan!

Sarah said...

Reminds me of lasix days and 10lb. diapers. So glad you get to spend time as a family this weekend. Enjoy!

Tracy said...

Yay for Elijah! He's such an awesome little guy! Glad to hear he's recovering really well. Have a great weekend!!

joye said...

I just came across your blog and have enjoyed reading about your little boy! I have an 8 month old, Ethan, with Pulmonary Atresia w/ VSD. He was also born with hypospadias and a (seemingly) innocent sacral dimple (we haven't heard otherwise on that diagnosis). The similarities between our little guys are crazy!

It's encouraging to know that Elijah is doing so well!

Take Care,
-joye
http://joyemullis.blogspot.com