Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

2010 is done, can you believe it? It is surreal to think back to a year ago. Elijah had JUST started walking. I was a few weeks away from the beginning of a 4-month period of bed rest. Sam was a tiny little growing peanut in my belly.

Now, Elijah is RUNNING around our home like a screaming tornado. Bed rest is long done, thank goodness, although I am still battling with the few extra pounds I added to my thighs during that time. Samson is no longer tiny. He is our chubby, cute 7-month-old babe whose smile makes me melt.

A lot happened in 2010. It was difficult and stressful at times, but also rewarding and fun. I always think it's cool to think about timing and how God times things in our lives juuuust right. 2010 is proof of that for us. We were told a handful of times that Elijah would need heart surgery in 2010, so we worried about how that would work with the birth of a baby and caring for a newborn, etc. Well! We didn't have to worry about any of that because heart surgery did not need to occur in 2010! This is a good reminder for me that things will work out the way they are supposed to. Worrying is so silly, yet it seems impossible for me to stop doing it.

I'm excited to see what 2011 will bring! We know that Elijah has a heart cath on February 17th, which will help determine his next big surgery. Based on the amount of energy this child has, I cannot imagine it will need to happen soon. We will see what the cath reveals, though.

Today we got back to our usual routine. Elijah got to see his friends at preschool and his best bud Paigey at daycare. I was back at work. Routine only for a few days, though, because the last part of this week will be a bit out of the ordinary. I am traveling to Los Angeles with a friend to help her with a photo shoot from Friday through late Monday night. Dan will be retreating to the Northern woods to spend time with friends. And the boys will get a few nights with Grandma.

Thanks for checking in! Happy 2011!

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Happy 2011!!!

Stefenie said...

Hi, my name is Stefeie and I found you through Shannon's blog. I was moved reading the story you wrote on Elijah's birth. What an amazing miracle your son is.

My little guy was born with D-TGA, DORV, VSD, Pulmonary Stenosis and a Right Aortic Arch.

I have a blog at http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com where I journal about our journey with our son Logan. Each year for CHD Awareness week I like to interview seven heart moms to share their story on living with CHD. I always try to search for new moms with different stories. I was wondering if you would be interested in allowing me to interview you by e-mail and share it on my blog. I share these each day the week of CHD awareness week. Each day is a new mom featured and it is called "Interview with a Heart Mom".

You can e-mail me at jacks_rswl@mepotelco.net and I would be more than happy to send you links to the interviews I did last year if that will help.

Let me know as soon as you can. Thanks and I hope you have an amazing new year!

jencooper said...

I love the way you put what I am feeling into words!!

Happy that you are had a great trip! Sorry that I am behind in signing. I tried to take a break from the computer while I was home with my kiddos.