Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh the difference a year makes!

I have had an illness for the past week that I'm going to call Sore Throat Disease. No drainage, no cough, just a KILLER sore throat. I envision little people hanging out in the back of my mouth, juggling letter openers. I sat in the doctor's office twice this week and nothing definitive was wrong with me. I was not a treatable case. Today is the first day since last Saturday that I haven't started out by googling "throat transplants."

The thing that prompted me to write a post today is that one year ago, I started my 4-month period of bed rest when I was pregnant with Samson. I remember feeling so bummed out and defeated, but look at what a year can do! Now Sammy is almost 8 months old, he is supremely handsome and smiley and he leaves a trail of slobber with every turn of his head.

Sam, I thank God for you every day. I love how cuddly and warm you are after a nap and how much you love your brother and the way you laugh when Daddy "eats" his Sam Sandwich. I love you, Sammy Jammy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear you have a Sore Throat, I hope all of those little people in the back of your throat go away very soon.

Sam is getting so big so fast, Time flys by us so quickly.

Cecilia said...

Hope you get well soon, no more sore throat!!!

Sam is such a big boy now, so handsome and adorable!