Thursday, January 6, 2011

Croup: Season 3, Round 4

I have been at work meetings yesterday and today and that means I was not at home last night. Yesterday morning Elijah had a tiny cough and I told Dan, "HIGH ALERT FOR CROUP!" After dinner was done last night, I tried to call Dan and he didn't answer. I got into bed and had a weird feeling in my stomach. I knew, I totally KNEW. Dan called back a few minutes later to tell me that Elijah had had a croup episode.

Everything turned out fine. I guess he ended up throwing up, which isn't typical for him, but the medicine did what it was supposed to do and Dan was able to put him right back to sleep. He is home from school today and coughing a bit. I feel terrible that I wasn't there for him during his episode. He needs his mama when that happens. :(

Cannot WAIT to see my boys tonight! I am going to love them up because I leave town tomorrow again for four nights.

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Hugs to Elijah, hope he's feeling better now.

Have a safe trip!

mina said...

Hoping that Elijah is feeling better, croup stinks!

Unknown said...

Give big Hugs to Elijah, Hope he gets to feeling better.