Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sickness, sassiness, slobber and smarts



What is the reason for a no-cooking, no-blogging, lots-of-napping Porta house over the weekend? A sick mama! It is rare that I get hit hard enough to not be able to stand up, but that is just what happened to me for 24 straight hours. I'm still not feeling totally normal, but I feel like a million dollars compared to yesterday at this time.



Sam has been such a chill kid, and Dan and I both have the sense that this will be the trend. Sam=fussy baby, chill kid. Elijah=EASY baby, dramatic/not-always-so-chill kid. (Don't get me wrong, Elijah has some unusually good characteristics for children his age.)



A funny thing from Elijah's mouth:

[After Sammy had doused Elijah's arm with slobber] "MOM! Wook! Yuck! Mine arm is soggy!"



Our smart 3-year-old can write and spell his own name, he can spell a handful of other words and today he wrote out a paper-full of letters for me. "P goes down and around!" Then he drew me a picture of a face, in amazing detail, and then wrote M-O-M on it. How did our little boy get so smart? I asked him in the bath tonight how to spell "Sam." He thought really hard and spelled it out in his head. "Ssss..S!...aaa...A!...mmmm...M! SAM!"

We are back to our routine tomorrow. Thanks for checking in..

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Sam is so handsome and cute!

Hope you get better tomorrow!

Have a nice week!

jencooper said...

Wow!! Elijah is super smart!!

Sam is a cutie patootie.

I hope that you are feeling better. Both of mine are sick...ugh...