Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Anticipation

One of the things I've learned in the past few weeks is that when you really really really don't want a specific date to arrive, it comes very quickly! Elijah's surgery is in just over three weeks (not that I'm counting), and I'll be honest...most of the time I am not dealing with that very well. I often sit down to write a post but can think of nothing but anxious and worrisome things to write about, so I head to the kitchen and cook instead! :)

I have a few constant reminders in my everyday life telling me that everything will be ok. I need to hold tightly to those things, but sometimes it's easy not to do that. The anticipation of this surgery is a totally new experience for me. I hate everything about it. And since Elijah isn't experiencing any physical symptoms like he was before his last two, it's easy to convince myself that he's just fine. That he doesn't really need it.

But he does! And he will be in good hands. The best hands! And I just have to find peace with the fact that we have done everything humanly possible. The rest is nothing we can control!

Ok, so now that you all know how crazy I am, I can update you on the "normal" things that are going on! Elijah is coughing a bit still from last week's sickness. Sammy woke up this morning with a new sickness. He looks so tired and worn out, poor guy. :( The weather is finally GORGEOUS. I'm tired, always so so tired. Dan is starting to work more at the dropzone, which is both good (money) and bad (we miss him). Oh, and Dan and I got out for our anniversary last weekend despite boy sickness! That's about all for now. Thanks for checking in!

4 comments:

Team Carter Jay said...

I hope the boys get to feeling better soon. Everything is so much more stressful when you have sick kids.

Cecilia said...

Try not to worry too much about Elijah's surgery, he is in best hands. Hope Elijah and baby Sammy get well soon.

Have a nice week!

jencooper said...

I am with you. June 28 will be here before I know it.

I am just going to keep thinking about what Gracie tells me..."when Dr. Mendeloff fixes my heart this summer I am going to run really fast and not get tired!"

Wendy said...

Megan,

Was thinking of you today....and your sweet boy's upcoming surgery. I know how worried you are feeling, for heart moms those memories can come flooding back in an instant! I wish I could make it all better for you. Know that I'm praying for God to give you peace!

Love, love, love the photos of the boys! :) They are such cuties!

And Happy Belated 5th Anniversary! Glad to hear that you were able to celebrate!

Take care, Megan, and stay strong! God is in control.

Lots of Love & Prayers,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)