Monday, May 23, 2011

Rainy days

What's going on in that little head, do you think?



I think I caught him mid-cough.



Sammy has a new skill! He can clap! Any time he hears music, he smiles and starts clapping. It is the absolute cutest thing.

Yesterday morning we were feeling a little stir crazy at home since it had been raining off and on for a lot of the weekend. The boys and I did one of our favorite rainy-day activities. We went to the play area at the mall early, before the mall stores opened and before two hundred other kids showed up.

Elijah was a blur, running around and around and yelling, "IIiiiiii wwwwuuuuunnnnnninnnnnggggg!" Sometimes I want to call Dr. G and say, "Are you SURE he needs surgery??"



In order to get a picture of Sam I had to set him down and RUN away from him to take his picture quick before he crawled back to me. We had the entire area to ourselves and where did he want to spend his time? In my arms. And that is not a complaint. :)



There were no bullies in the vicinity, and I was happy about that.



Dan was able to spend half of Saturday at home and the other half of Sunday at home due to the crazy weather. How sad that I pray for terrible weather on the weekends so we can have him with us!

I want to share a quick funny before I sign off. Since Elijah was born, he has always had such a chubby, juicy little neck. It's the best. He even calls his neck "juicy neck" because he hears me say it so much. "Mama, pwease come tickle mine juicy neck!" So, the other day we received Dr. K's dictation from E's most recent pulmonology visit, and Dan and I both laughed very hard when we saw "Neck: Is supple" written in the report. Yes it is! Love it!

I'm embarrassed to admit what it is that I'm really excited for tonight, but if you're excited, too, you know what I'm talking about. :) Enjoy your evening, secret activity or not!

3 comments:

Stefenie said...

Cute update!! Love the "juicy neck" bit!

Unknown said...

I am glad you had the entire area to yourself. It's always a plus when other kids are not around.

I love all the photos and Sammy OMG he is getting so big.

Cecilia said...

Lovely photos of Elijah and Sammy!!!