Friday, May 20, 2011

Shedding sickness

In case you're wondering, never EVER wonder out loud why you haven't caught the bug that has been running through your childrens' daycare. 'Cause guess what? You will catch the bug that has been running through your childrens' daycare. I was in quite a bit of discomfort for about 36 hours this week. I did a lot of resting during that time, which apparently my body needed.

Enough about sickness. Let's talk about the beautiful weather! Ohhhh, it has been so gorgeous this week. FINALLY. We have been taking daily trips to the park and it is Elijah's absolute most favorite part of the day. When we wake up in the morning: "Mommy, can we go green park?" And when I pick him up from daycare: "We go to green park now??" He is so proud of himself because he can finally go down the big green twisty slide ALL BY HIMSELF. This is a pretty big deal for our cautious Elijah. I'm so proud of him and I love seeing his happy, excited face.

Sammy has an intense love for anything resembling a ball. He can spot a ball from a block away. "BAAA! BAAA!" When he gets a hold of it, he tosses it up in the air and watches it fall in front of him. Repeat a dozen times. Elijah never cared for balls, so this is new for us and it is so stinkin' cute. And Sam, oh Sam, he still just loves to be in Mama's (or Daddy's) arms ALL THE TIME. He certainly loves human touch!

One quick cute/sweet Elijah thing and then I'll sign off. Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

I usually go into Elijah's room at least once during the night because he has either had a bad dream or he wants a sip of water or he just wants to show us who is in charge. :) At 2:00 this morning I heard him say, "I WANT MOMMY!" I went in and asked if he was ok. He said, "Yeah. Mom, pwease scwatch mine hair." Awwwwww! He wanted me to run my fingers through his hair like I do all the time when he is falling asleep. So of course I did.

I love my boys.

2 comments:

Team Carter Jay said...

Awwwww, I LOVE moments like that.

Cecilia said...

Have a nice weekend and make the most of the lovely weather!