Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Love

I'm thinking our Elijah needs a little extra love these days. He WOULD NOT LET GO OF MY NECK today when I picked him up from daycare. He kept calling me "Superman" and asking me to "save" and "rec-scue" him. He has been a little extra naughty for the past few weeks, hitting, kicking and talking back a lot. It is so easy to get caught up in the frustration, but Dan and I have agreed that he just needs LOVE. We are going to start doing "date nights" with him and let him know individually how much we love him. Hopefully that helps a bit. His teacher even emailed me today, saying that he has been "screaming" at all of his teachers when they ask him to complete a task. This is just not our typical Elijah, so we need to get to the bottom of this. Especially before the trauma of surgery arrives. I hope that boy knows how intensely he is loved!

My two boys are in bed, my husband is on his way home and I am going to go photograph some food before sleep-time. Good night, everyone! Thanks for checking in!!

3 comments:

jencooper said...

We do date nights with both of our kids. One kid goes to the grandparents and the other kid gets one-on-one with Mommy and Daddy. They both love it!!

Kathy said...

date night sounds fun. I'll think about it...

it's just the sweetest thing how much he loves you guys....oh. (you know that kiddo would totally have me wrapped around his little finger!)

and...about the bully at the park...girl. I would be that mom that grabbed that kid by the ear until he told me where to find his mom. I'm not so sure that I could have controlled myself...not sure at all. You did good Megan....really good.

Cecilia said...

Date night sounds like a splendid idea!!! You and Dad are great parents, lucky Elijah and Sammy!!!